GPS spotty today.

wingzofsteel

Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue today with their GPS? I live in the Metro Atlanta area, and today, my Droid could not hold on to a signal for very long. Not sure if this is a Verizon issue or Google. Very frustrating.
------------

used mine all day no issues....

the GPS has nothing to do with verizon or google unless the app itself was causing the issues.

Anyone else have an issue today with their GPS? I live in the Metro Atlanta area, and today, my Droid could not hold on to a signal for very long. Not sure if this is a Verizon issue or Google. Very frustrating.
------------

I had issues today as well.. well, just the past couple hours, kept losing my location. Seems okay now though.

I'm in northwest PA.

the GPS has nothing to do with verizon or google unless the app itself was causing the issues.
Not entirely true. It is assisted so it does attempt to pull Ephemeris data on an initial fix (which does involve using the carrier's data service). IIRC, however, it should fall back to standalone. However, I've had plenty of instances where the GPS was unable to get a fix and so far none of the issues have had to do with the GPS satellites. Every single time it has been my Droid. I suspect the same to be the case with the OP. If the entire GPS system was affected you'd definitely see news stories on it.

Not sure if this is a Verizon issue or Google. Very frustrating.
Download GPS Status. It will show you what satellites the receiver is picking up and whether or not it is able to get a fix. If it can't, try the following:

- Turn GPS off and then back on. If that doesn't help:
- Power cycle the Droid. If that doesn't help:
- Dial *228 and pick option 1 to reactivate.

Generally that resolves my issues with the GPS receiver.

Last edited:
Back