Guess what?!?!?!

taypotts

Reaction score
I just found out some great news at work (best buy mobile) today! The Droid is going to be at $99 (no mail-in rebate) till near the end of March at Best Buy Mobile just thought I would share with everyone.:icon_ banana:

Hm.. Let's see...

-Easy to return if something goes wrong - No
-Free contact transfer- No
-Someone to talk to in person about the phone- No
-Walk out with it active the day you buy it- No
-Able to get all your accessories all at once- No
-Someone to help you set up the phone- No
-Someone to be there when you have questions later- No

Seems like I would pay the extra $50 just for that list alone...

Hm.. Let's see...

doesnt matter where you buy it you can return it to verizon
dont need with google sync
lol most of the reps dont know much
phone activation just as easy
ill give you this one
lol again verizon reps dont do this anyways, anything past a contact transfer and your on your own.
can always call or goto a verizon store.

some of us dont need any of that, as i ordered mine on the verizon site so i didnt get any and i had no problems.. made some edits in red

Sears is better then best buy.... lol and half the price.

As for accessories, anyone buying them at best buy is wasting money, you can get them much cheaper online.

Hm.. Let's see...

doesnt matter where you buy it you can return it to verizon
No you can't just return it to a Verizon store, trust me we have had customers try
dont need with google sync
Verizon will charge you $10, and not everyone knows how to set up the Google Sync
lol most of the reps dont know much
I beg to differ for Best Buy Mobile Reps
phone activation just as easy
Not as easy for all situations, what about ESN changes, account maintenance, getting things started. (remember this is all for someone that doesn't already have a Droid) Not to mention I wouldn't want to wait 3-4 business days for this phone.
ill give you this one
lol again verizon reps dont do this anyways, anything past a contact transfer and your on your own.
Best Buy Mobile's promise is to WOW (walk out working) we go above and beyond "just" activating your phone. We will actually how you how to use it.
can always call or goto a verizon store.
And wait in that looong line? I don't think so.

some of us dont need any of that, as i ordered mine on the verizon site so i didnt get any and i had no problems.. made some edits in red

I'm talking about Best Buy Mobile, NOT the Verizon store... Made my corrections in Blue

Sears is better then best buy (This part really made me laugh) I'm hoping you are being sarcastic. .... lol and half the price.

As for accessories, anyone buying them at best buy is wasting money, you can get them much cheaper online.

And when that 3rd party stuff breaks guess where you go, I have at least 2 people a day coming in with a cheap, broken case, cause guess what it was CHEAP

Sears is better then best buy (This part really made me laugh) I'm hoping you are being sarcastic. .... lol and half the price.

And when that 3rd party stuff breaks guess where you go, I have at least 2 people a day coming in with a cheap, broken case, cause guess what it was CHEAP

yes on the first part lol

and I never said anything about cheap 3rd party stuff.... I was talking about oem.

yes on the first part lol

and I never said anything about cheap 3rd party stuff.... I was talking about oem.

True on the oem part, but I would still want somewhere to take it just in case.. nice to have a backup plan... I've had my share of bad online experiences.

I got my droid at best buy, and was quite happy with it. My sister got her's there too, the first day it was released, she even pre-orded through them a week prior.

Hm.. Let's see...

That list alone? Sounds like you about covered it. Is there more? :) $50 well spent for some. Not worth it to me.

Back