Handcent MMS

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ok, I searched and searched but nothing.

Today I received my first MMS message ever since owning my Droid. I use Handcent and it gives me the option to Download and I click, but it's been sitting here for a good 5 minutes and nothing. It is stuck on "downloading". I went to the stock messaging app and it also sits there.

Awhile back I heard our phones aren't compatible with MMS, is this still a problem? FYI, I am on 2.0.1 which I manually downloaded, no problems with it other than this.

Any help would be appreciated. Merry Christmas!!

try taking out your battery and restarting your phone. i had this problem awhile ago and it fixed itself after awhile

no luck. I even did a battery pull after taking out the battery once it was shut off.

no luck with Handcent or the stock Messaging app. it's only a 30kb file too...oh well.

Dezy,

I've been sending and receiving MMS with Handcent since day one with my Droid. I've experienced no trouble. Maybe try an uninstall of Handcent and re-download? It's a pain but you should have no problem with MMS. (Did you check your sd card > handcent/download to see if the file is in there?)

I have the same problem so don't feel like you are alone. It doesn't seem to matter if it is Handcent or the default Messenger. I have contacted Verizon and Motorola, Moto contacted me and I am calling them back Monday.

Here's what I got from Moto:
Instructions below will erase all the information from your phone: This option is recommended to use after backing up your information.

Go to Menu
Select Settings
Go to Privacy
Select Factory Data Reset
If prompted to enter Security code type 000000

If the problem persists, we recommend you to contact your Service Provider to review your network settings for SMS and MMS.

I have the same problem since the day I bought my phone. It came preloaded with 2.0.1, maybe 1 out 30 mms will download or send. tried first with normal messenger then with handcent, both problematic. Have searched online, found several sites that give fixes, none work for me. Did the above recommendation workfor anyone else?

Back