HBO Now Officially Coming to Android TV, Chromecast & Google Play Store

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-io-screengrab-hbo-now.jpg

Sundar Pichai took to the stage at Google I/O earlier today and shared quite a few factoids regarding Android TV. One of the juiciest morsels he shared was that HBO Now's Apple exclusivity will be ending "this summer." Pichai mentioned that HBO Now will be coming to both Android TV, the Google Play Store and to the Chromecast, and will be available in time for the upcoming True Detective season, premiering June 21st.

Separately, HBO VP Bernadette Aulestia had this to say, "We have seen through social media that there is great demand for the service among Android and Chromecast users and we're excited to deliver HBO Now to them." That's awesome news for folks looking to take advantage of HBO Now services on something other than an Apple device.

Can't say if I'd jump for it or not. I need to know how much it costs and how similar it is to HBO Go.

It's $15 per month and includes everything that HBO Go does, including HBO Go itself.

Costs to much in my book then. I get more of a selection with Netflix and pay less. They need to bring that price down if they want it to make it.

Reactions: cr6
I'll pay that sum for Game of Thrones, True Detective, Girls, Bill Maher, John Oliver, Newsroom, etc.

Back