Hello everyone. Just bought Droid 1 off ebay.

dan.dar

Reaction score
Will compare it to my Palm Pre then decide which one to keep. I plan to customize the droid with a custom kernel and overclock it just as I did with my pre to keep everything on level footing. Hopefully I won't brick it.

Welcome, hope you post a review here to share your experience.

Welcome to D/F - we are glad to have you here with us :)

So far it's rough. Apps are impressive, but Amzkxkzdzncmsoa

X

Safety

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Lol, my daughter distracted me and then my wife wanted to play with the pohone and virtual keyboard's autocomplete function. She has never used a capacitive screen b4.

Anyways, what I wanted to say was that so far the phone is impressive with the apps and app intwgration, like for example when. I went to this page from the email and was told that there is an app for this forum.

Notifications are a bit of a downer, I was trying to swype them off the screen like on the Pre. So far I respect the droid's configurability and detail but miss WebOS intuitiveness and elegance. More to come later.

Last edited:
I looked into it after I loaded CM6.1.2 but could not find it. How do I swype single notifications off the notification tab?

I thought it was an automatic thing. I could be wrong, though. Let me know and I'll dig through the settings till I find it or someone else who set it up more recently than I did comes along and steals my thunder, um, helps you out. ;)

Just try pressing it till it lights up and then swipe to the side. I've found I had much better results going all the way across the notification instead of starting halfway, but that may have been updated.

Works now. There was a few options in CM settings and after a reboot it now works. This phone is awesome. My Pre is going on ebay.

Speed while overclocked is basically the same on both phones, but while I loved the pre's UI the hardware, apps and finally not feeling like a second class citizen when it comes to apps is what pushed me over to the droid.

One more note on the hardware, the D1 keyboard while maligned is much easier to type on than Pre's keyboard. It's more comfortable and much more accurate. The screen makes web browsing much easier. It doesn't feel much bigger, but the increased resolution doesn't make me automatically look for M versions of websites. With flash it's an ok substitute for a laptop; as is evidenced from me writing this post on my droid.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Dan

Happy to help! That's what we're here for! :)

And someone FINALLY said there's a worse keyboard than the D1's.

Personally I don't mind it, but I have an injury to my thumb that makes typing on the cramped left side painful, so I can't use it much. If it were shifted to the right even a quarter of an inch I'd like it a LOT better. :D

Enjoy your Droid! :)

what seller did u purchase ur Droid from and was it recd ok? looking for D2 for my 16 yr old for a reasonable price

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

Back