Hello, New to the Forum....

Reaction score
...and somewhat new to the Droid.

I came here to find information on how to root my phone, and over the last 3 days I have found a plethora of information on phone customization with ROMs, themes and whatnot. This forum is incredible, I love it.

However, I'm fairly new to the backend of my Droid, and would like to learn how to create my own themes, apps, and maybe even tinker with ROMs in the future. I have been scouring the forum over the last 2 days looking for information on how to start the process of making a theme, and have not been able to find any real solid discussion on this. I would also like to find perhaps a list of tools used for this process.

I have Eclipse with the SDK installed for all platforms. But, I don't know how to get to the APK files on my phone or how to find the images associated with creating/editing the stock theme. Could someone maybe point me in the right direction? That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The one and only, TrailorParkKid

Thanks for the welcome!

And yeah, I earned that nickname about 15 years ago, and it never went away. Now I wear it with pride. :p

Back