Help.. Beats zip causing phone to reboot

pmgreen

Reaction score
I tried flashing a zip that was supposed to all beats to be heard on all apps, but now whenever I open an app that has audio.. the phone reboots.
Is there a way to revert back prior to the install?

That replaces libraries. I'd re-install the ROM you're using unless you have a nandroid to go back to.

Damn and I didn't do a backup before trying it.. SHEEET!! Oh well thanks for the help once again..

I get home today, ready to flash. The phone boots up, gets to the home screen and reboots. This is a continues in a loop. I've taken the battery out but no luck. Help please!!!

Somehow I got it to boot up somewhat normal again. However I think I flashed to a newer version of Scott's Rom than was originally on the phone.
The audio issue still remain. Whenever I try to use iHeart or anything with audio, the phone freezes for a second and restarts. Any ideas?

Do a full wipe and re-install the ROM. It sounds like the offending files aren't being replaced. Either that or the beats DSP(hardware) is fried.

I tried a factory reset yesterday no luck. Is that the same? If it is fried, anything I can do?
I noticed during a restart it's looking for ph98img.zip.

Last edited:
I tried a factory reset yesterday no luck. Is that the same? If it is fried, anything I can do?
I noticed during a restart it's looking for ph98img.zip.

If it's fried take it for warranty support(back to where you got it from) and get a new one. A factory reset only wipes the /data partition. It doesn't actually re-do the system. Wiping data/cache and re-flashing your ROM would be the true test.

Should I wipe all the options individually or the first one? I got it from VZW but thought once you unlock, root and flash it voids the warranty. That not true?

Don't really understand it, but I flashed to the original ROM and the phone is back to normal. Can I now flash from Scott's 4.4 standard to Scotts 4.5 pro?

Don't really understand it, but I flashed to the original ROM and the phone is back to normal. Can I now flash from Scott's 4.4 standard to Scotts 4.5 pro?

Yes, flash away ;-)

To your other post, unlocking only voids the warranty on things you break by unlocking. And really Verizon can't tell the difference anyway so flash away lol.

Back