HELP! OTA need to restore files

meek2100

Reaction score
I'm sure this is posted else where but I messed up and thought I had it all backed up with Titanium Backup yet when I went to restore it was data only and not the app.

I need to reinstall the following apps correctly so I can get updates past 2.3.20.
CityID (which I can't find)

(I've downloaded these off the market but not sure what do or rename them)
Blockbuster
VZ Navigator
Kindle

I have titanium backup and root explorer but an a droid newbie and trying to learn to fix it but what I've tried and read hasn't worked.
Thanks in advance for the help.

im in the process of doing just this, im going to try reverting back to stock using bootstrap and clockwork then try the ota update. if that doesnt work ill try the manual install

let me know how it goes because I'm having trouble with option one and not quite ready to try and SBF flash.

recovered my phone to its original settings, downloaded and installed update successfully but now i can not reroot.. im doing the one click easy method and it says failed every time

update* after about 6 retries i finally got the phone to reroot, how do i recover all my applications? i backed them all up with titanium.. do i have to re download them all?

I've attached what I used to root 2.3.20 and it worked just fine for me the first time before I cause my backup problems

Attachments

• Droid2Root.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 158
Ok managed to get SBF of 2.3.20 installed and workingdancedroid all seems good and back to normal. Just rerooted it as well!!:icon_ banana: I think I'll just Freeze or Rename the apps this time.

Thanks for the advice PC747

Good idea. Should prevent problems next time.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Freezing works great, won't delete again lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Back