help please :( moto droid won't turn on

bamarammin87

Reaction score
help please :( moto droid freezes and resets if use camera or watch video

Hey guys, got my phone to turn on after 30 mintes of charging, but have another problem. I can't take a picture or watch a youtube video or movie without the phone freezing completely and resetting. I've tryed everything I know. Any ideas? Thanks for any help guys,

Ian
(Figured id ask in this instead of making another thread)

the phone is set to turn on automatically when you plug into a power source so you might have a problem

I figured that since it always has before. I didn't know if there was a hard reset button or anything. This pretty much blows.

put it on the wall charger that the phone came with. Let it charge for hours! Like 3-5 and resist the temptation to try and turn it on. Mine drained so bad, that's what it took to get it to come back, and the battery has been fine since.

Alright, I will try this. It was down to the red light flashing, and I had forgotten about it, so it died completely while in my pocket. I hope that works! I'm stuck with like a flip phone with those old monotone ringtones until I can get the copay for insurance or upgrade, if this doesn't work.

Well it worked! But now I have another reeeally annoying problem. If I take a picture, it freezes and the phone resets. Every time. And i f I watch a video, youtube or a movie on my phone, it freezes and the phone resets. Every time, I've tryed unilstalling every new app, clearing every cache, nothing helps. I can't use the camera or watch any type of video. Any ideas?

Well it worked! But now I have another reeeally annoying problem. If I take a picture, it freezes and the phone resets. Every time. And i f I watch a video, youtube or a movie on my phone, it freezes and the phone resets. Every time, I've tryed unilstalling every new app, clearing every cache, nothing helps. I can't use the camera or watch any type of video. Any ideas?

Are you rooted running a custom ROM or stock?

Oh, sorry, I forget to add that like a dummy. Its bone stock 2.1.

Oh, sorry, I forget to add that like a dummy. Its bone stock 2.1.

In that case, why not just go by your local Verizon and see about getting it fixed and/or replaced?
I doubt it's in warranty...but I reckon I could use my insurance. I think the copay is 75 on it. I may end up having to do that.

If it stopped working because the battery died that seems like a warranty issue to me. Now if the battery died because you dropped it in a lake that's different, lol

I'm only worried that they'll replace it with a phone other than a moto droid...or a refurb.

You have a one year warranty from verizon on your phone. They will replace it however it will be with a refurb. Sorry there is no way around it. Also I have been hearing that Assurion is out of Droids so using your insurance (90.00 copy) will result in you possibly getting a different phone. For piece of mind, I can tell you that not all refurbs are bad. My husband is running on one and has not had any issues.

You have a one year warranty from verizon on your phone. They will replace it however it will be with a refurb. Sorry there is no way around it. Also I have been hearing that Assurion is out of Droids so using your insurance (90.00 copy) will result in you possibly getting a different phone. For piece of mind, I can tell you that not all refurbs are bad. My husband is running on one and has not had any issues.

Thank you for clearing things up. I guess a refurb is better than not having a camera or video. Btw nice avatar! Roll tide!

Back