Help PLEASE

Moods

Reaction score
Hello guys,,,
SO, i am not rooted... I updated my phone manually to FRG01B and since then things are going wrong... the phone is so slow,,, many appec crashes or FC. the voice search isn't working well. the battery is running like crazy and the apps keep starting by it self... i keep pulling the batter out of the back of the phone just to restart it...I feel like I have a windows based phone,,, please help...
Can I bring it back to verizon?
Can I go back to 2.1?
Please help..
Thanks you in advence

Go back to 2.1 man. 2.2 is so jacked up Verizon suspended it. Hopefully you made a backup. Otherwise you are going to be reverting to before you did anything to the phone like apps and customization.

Thanks Xkape...
I would love to follow on your remcommden? I am just not sure if i did back up. I know I have Astro on my phone...
Can you help me out...

ok let's do this. tuen the phone off. slide open the keyboard. Hold down X and hold down the power button untill you see the "M" let go and then post back when the bootloader screen comes up. It will just be a line item list of like 5 or 6 things.

You are most likely using SP Recovery since you rooted and did nothing else. I will boot into SP Recovery to walk you thru it.

Go back to 2.1 man. 2.2 is so jacked up Verizon suspended it. Hopefully you made a backup. Otherwise you are going to be reverting to before you did anything to the phone like apps and customization.

Please don't give out your opinion as fact. Here is a fact: The vast majority of us love 2.2. If you're having an issue I would suggest that it's probably something you are running in your Droid that's causing it.

Please don't give out your opinion as fact. Here is a fact: The vast majority of us love 2.2. If you're having an issue I would suggest that it's probably something you are running in your Droid that's causing it

Sorry hookbill. Just trying to help a guy who's phone won't turn on get back to something that works for him. Even if 2.2 is solid, his phone is jacked and he needs to revert to something that works until he can figure out what the issue is. Verizon did suspend the 2.2 update tough didn't they? I was even looking forward t testing it as my wife's droid is stock and I wanted to test it out on her phone.

Hello guys,,,
SO, i am not rooted... I updated my phone manually to FRG01B and since then things are going wrong... the phone is so slow,,, many appec crashes or FC. the voice search isn't working well. the battery is running like crazy and the apps keep starting by it self... i keep pulling the batter out of the back of the phone just to restart it...I feel like I have a windows based phone,,, please help...
Can I bring it back to verizon?
Can I go back to 2.1?
Please help..
Thanks you in advence

Try installing FRG22 right over FRG01B. This time try doing a wipe of both data and cache before the install.

Hiere is the link to get it: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-frg22-update-available-rooted-droid-1-a.html

i did what you told me, i am seeing options : reboot system now, apply sdacrd:update.zip,wipedate/factoryreset, wipe caches partition, and wipe baseband data.

now what?

[
Sorry hookbill. Just trying to help a guy who's phone won't turn on get back to something that works for him. Even if 2.2 is solid, his phone is jacked and he needs to revert to something that works until he can figure out what the issue is. Verizon did suspend the 2.2 update tough didn't they? I was even looking forward t testing it as my wife's droid is stock and I wanted to test it out on her phone.

No, he doesn't have to revert to 2.1. What he should do is exactly what I stated in the previous post. More then likely he never did a wipe of data and cache when he installed FRG01B. Which is also a good build too.

If he wants to go back, that's certainly a decision he can make and I thank you for offering to step him back through it. It was just the comment about 2.2 that I didn't think was fair.

i did what you told me, i am seeing options : reboot system now, apply sdacrd:update.zip,wipedate/factoryreset, wipe caches partition, and wipe baseband data.

now what?

You need to mount update zip to your Droid SD card. Then reboot in SPRecovery and install the update.

[

No, he doesn't have to revert to 2.1. What he should do is exactly what I stated in the previous post. More then likely he never did a wipe of data and cache when he installed FRG01B. Which is also a good build too.

If he wants to go back, that's certainly a decision he can make and I thank you for offering to step him back through it. It was just the comment about 2.2 that I didn't think was fair.

You're right. He probably didn't wipe the phone. I will just help him do this all the way through no matter which way he wants to go. He can't get his phone to even turn on though so I would just think he needs to go back and get his phone up and running and then get himself upto 2.2

Heck even though I didn't update to 2.2 as I am running the BB 0.4, I did upgrade the baseband from the OTA. So I am using part of the OTA.

Moods, if you goto "install" what options do you have in that screen? Let;s see if you made an update or not.

since the new build messed up my droid, I thought I would go back to 2.1 and wait for the OTA after they fix the bugs.
I just don't want to root my phone with frg22.
does that make sense?
thanks..

[

You're right. He probably didn't wipe the phone. I will just help him do this all the way through no matter which way he wants to go. He can't get his phone to even turn on though so I would just think he needs to go back and get his phone up and running and then get himself upto 2.2

Heck even though I didn't update to 2.2 as I am running the BB 0.4, I did upgrade the baseband from the OTA. So I am using part of the OTA.

Thank you for helping him the rest of the way. That's what we're all about, helping each other.

Back