Help reinstalling verizon contacts

Capone76

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just installed cynogemmod 10 and can't get Verizon back up assistant to work. I am just looking for a way to get them back. Thanks

Hey everyone I just installed cynogemmod 10 and can't get Verizon back up assistant to work. I am just looking for a way to get them back. Thanks

Did you sync them with your Gmail login? Can you see them on your Gmail account if you log in via a browser (PC or phone, on phone you may need to go to a full version of the site not mobile)?

If they are on your gmail, go to Settings > Account (Google) > *@gmail.com > Contacts it should sync.

cupfulloflol said:
Did you sync them with your Gmail login? Can you see them on your Gmail account if you log in via a browser (PC or phone, on phone you may need to go to a full version of the site not mobile)?

If they are on your gmail, go to Settings > Account (Google) > *@gmail.com > Contacts it should sync.
Some of the contacts are there but not all and I did do a sync and always had them sync before installing ROM.

cupfulloflol said:

Will try to get them on PC

Does the Backup assistant work with JB? Like can you sideload it? I have no experience with the VZW Backup assistant on Android.

Did you make a full backup with something like Titanium Backup? You may be able to restore your contacts from it without issues.

If all of the above don't work, or aren't options, your next step may be to restore an ICS backup where your backup assistant worked, syncing with your gmail, or backing them up manually. Then going back to JB. Really this shouldn't be that difficult of a process, just a little time consuming.

Something like this could be doable:
1 - Boot into recovery.

2 - Make full backup of current JB ROM.

3 - Assuming you made a backup of ICS ROM, restore it. I would wipe, data, cache, dalvik, and system prior to installation.

4 - Somehow backup your contacts. Sync them to your gmail, maybe the backup assistant has an export function, or use some other tool to backup your contacts (TiBu perhaps?).

5 - Reboot back into recovery.

6 - Restore your JB backup from step 2. Once again, I probably would wipe the 4 partitions.

7 - Restore your contacts from whatever method(s) you used.

cupfulloflol said:
Does the Backup assistant work with JB? Like can you sideload it? I have no experience with the VZW Backup assistant on Android.

Did you make a full backup with something like Titanium Backup? You may be able to restore your contacts from it without issues.

If all of the above don't work, or aren't options, your next step may be to restore an ICS backup where your backup assistant worked, syncing with your gmail, or backing them up manually. Then going back to JB. Really this shouldn't be that difficult of a process, just a little time consuming.

Something like this could be doable:
1 - Boot into recovery.

2 - Make full backup of current JB ROM.

3 - Assuming you made a backup of ICS ROM, restore it. I would wipe, data, cache, dalvik, and system prior to installation.

4 - Somehow backup your contacts. Sync them to your gmail, maybe the backup assistant has an export function, or use some other tool to backup your contacts (TiBu perhaps?).

5 - Reboot back into recovery.

6 - Restore your JB backup from step 2. Once again, I probably would wipe the 4 partitions.

7 - Restore your contacts from whatever method(s) you used.

Thanks for your help. Just curious why Verizon backup assistant won't work. But all is well. Thanks again

Thanks for your help. Just curious why Verizon backup assistant won't work. But all is well. Thanks again

It hasn't been updated to work with 4.1 more than likely. There isn't a Verizon phone that has JB yet officially. So there is no reason for them to have updated the app to work on JB. I would imagine the Nexus would be getting the push to JB soonish, which will give Verizon a reason to update their app. Alternatively, it could be something with your ROM that the app doesn't like.

I really have no clue what is going on with the app though. So I am speculating. But it would make sense if the app doesn't function properly on JB.

Get completely away from verizon backup assistant. You can Export your verizon contacts to a CVS file that can be imported on you Google account.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

A similar thing happened when I changed my ROM over to BB and tried to check my data info. It's that you don't have the Verizon Login background app installed on your device. You need that app in order to use any Verizon app. You can't get it from the Play Store, though. I'm on my phone right now, but when I get to my desktop I'll put the .apk file here so you can use all the Verizon apps.

TL;DR: I'll post an app that you need to use Verizon apps by the end of today.

Alphairri said:
A similar thing happened when I changed my ROM over to BB and tried to check my data info. It's that you don't have the Verizon Login background app installed on your device. You need that app in order to use any Verizon app. You can't get it from the Play Store, though. I'm on my phone right now, but when I get to my desktop I'll put the .apk file here so you can use all the Verizon apps.

TL;DR: I'll post an app that you need to use Verizon apps by the end of today.

I installed the Verizon file from JBSourcery extra apps in ROM and still didn't work. I'm thinking its just jelly bean that's not compatible yet. I'm good. If I need to I can download file for contacts from online and add them to gmail account. I'm thinking I'm going to be done with the back up assistant though. Thanks for all the support everyone. I'm living this new rom.

Its so easy to convert from verizon over to google....

rjcapp said:
Its so easy to convert from verizon over to google....

Well do you care to share your easy concept?

Well do you care to share your easy concept?

1. Log into Verizon Backup Assistant
2. Click on Export to CSV
Save File as (or Rename to) Contacts (it should already be converted to CSV so
including .csv is redundant)
4. Log into Gmail/Google Voice
5. Click on Contacts
6. Click on import
7. Browse for the Contacts (.csv)
file
8. Click Import

Obviosly I did this on a pc. Once imported into google i went through and cleaned everything up. Took some time initiallly. NO REGRETS......

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclie...cp.r_qf.&fp=8145a5efe1a18bda&biw=1486&bih=760

Last edited:
rjcapp said:
1. Log into Verizon Backup Assistant
2. Click on Export to CSV
Save File as (or Rename to) Contacts (it should already be converted to CSV so
including .csv is redundant)
4. Log into Gmail/Google Voice
5. Click on Contacts
6. Click on import
7. Browse for the Contacts (.csv)
file
8. Click Import

Obviosly I did this on a pc. Once imported into google i went through and cleaned everything up. Took some time initiallly. NO REGRETS......

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=transferring+verizon+contacts+to+google+&oq=transferring+verizon+contacts+to+google+&gs_l=hp.3..0i22.5913.19047.0.19660.40.27.0.13.13.0.268.3913.0j26j1.27.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.-I2SmTlNFgs&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=8145a5efe1a18bda&biw=1486&bih=760

Hey thanks a lot . That was a really easy way. Good looking out!

Back