help with flash player

pokerstudd23

Reaction score
i have bugless beast on my rooted 2.2 moto droid. I cant get flash player to work though. Any suggestions?

After you have the flash player installed go into you browser, type "about:debug" then hit menu key, select settings, then scroll down to UAstring and change it to desktop.

Sent from my Droid using interplanetary communications that neither you or I could possibly understand. Cheers.

After you have the flash player installed go into you browser, type "about:debug" then hit menu key, select settings, then scroll down to UAstring and change it to desktop.

Sent from my Droid using interplanetary communications that neither you or I could possibly understand. Cheers.

how do i install flash player? is it adobe flash showcase in the market?

I'm on my phone but there's a link to the latest plash player around here somewhere.

I changed the UAstring in my unrooted droid 2.1v1 to desktop. One of the sites I visited directs me to go get flash 10.1. When I get to the adobe site I get the mac os x download page.
My question can I install it and will it work?

Why is it every time i go into my browser (already changed the settings to desktop) it still takes me to a mobile website and not the real website like it does on a real computer?

Did you use the method posted by jstafford? I had the same problem until I used his method in the second post of this thread.

good luck

p.s. I rebooted my phone arfterwards.

I cant find it with the browser, I am using dolphin... tried the other and just cant find the UAString. I have downloaded from market then when I open it goes to browser and says upgrade to flash, click and says "requested item could not be found". I am losing my mind. can someone please help me. I have ROM Kangerade V5.0.9

Guys, all the instructions are in here. You just have to get there a little differently if you are using dolphin. UA Strings = User Agent.

OK look see.

1: make sure you have the ability to install things that are not from the android market "unknown sources".
2. Go into Dolphin and type the "about:debug" in.
3. Menu > More > Settings > User Agent and select Desktop.
4. Goto http://ted.servepics.com/nap/droid/com.adobe.flashplayer-3.apk in your dolphin web browser.
5. DL the file.
6. When it's done, click on it and install it.
7. Reboot for good measure
8. Enjoy Flash

SIDE NOTE: Must be rooted and running 2.2 in order for this to work.

As a sidenote to the moderators... how can I post in the How To section.

I want to make a How To on backing up with nandroid, installing a ROM, and installing flash 10.1.

I had trouble finding those things and had to look in many places over days to find them, understand them and install them.

@Erik: I'll finish an answer here for you instead of the duplicate thread you started. Once you install the flash player, it is just 'there'. You won't find it in your settings, unless you look at installed applications, otherwise, there are no settings for it alone. The rest of the settings are dopne within your browser as pointed out.

good luck

Back