Help with JRummy droid overclock

hunt587

Reaction score
Hey guys question: the 'set scaling frequencies' is a little confusing to me, why would you use high or ultra low voltage? and what do the values mean under the voltage? (e.g. 1.45GHz, 1.1GHz, 900MHz, 400MHz)

Basically I want my phone running as fast as possibe (I know that means crank up the cpu to 1200MHZ and make the governer performance), but how much higher could I custom make my cpu speed? Like what is the highest without any risk of damage. Is it 1200?

thanks guys!

I would love to know the settings for the overclocking! Wish some1 would post them... thanx :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

the values under voltage are the four speeds the phone will cycle at. so the largest number is the high end speed. as for which settings to use its varies from phone to phone. my general rule of thumb is i use ultra low voltage from 1ghz up to 1.2ghz and medium after that. some phones will get stably up to 1.42ghz so youll have to slowly scale yours up. and for safety sake, dont ever set on boot just in case it doesnt play nice with your phone.

I believe Droid2 Global has 5 speeds to cycle between:

1200MHz
1000MHz
800MHz
600MHz
300Mhz

I believe Droid2 Global has 5 speeds to cycle between:

1200MHz
1000MHz
800MHz
600MHz
300Mhz

Really? Well then i wonder how droid oc will interact with it since it only sets 4 frequencies.

tappin and a talkin

Is there a way that some1 can post wat there runing on and the profiles there use'n?? Thanx! For the D2G plz

Sent from my DROID 2 GLOBAL w/ Fission 2.4.3

Is there a way that some1 can post wat there runing on and the profiles there use'n?? Thanx! For the D2G plz

Did you read my post? It depends on how high you want to clock and if your phone can even take it. Try low or medium voltage at 1.25ghz and slowly move up from there every day or so. When your phone reboots from the overclock, thats too high. Sure someone else could throw their settings out but like i said it varies from pfone to phone.

As for profiles i use bottom frequency when the screen is off (300 min/max) under 70% batt limit to the third frequency (300 min/800 max) under 50% limit to the bottom two fr. (300 min/600 max) and above 104 degrees farenheit limit to the bottom 2 (300 min/600 max)
You could just convert those frequencies to the ones your using at your clock speed.

tappin and a talkin

I was just playing with both jrummy's and unstable app's oc tools, and it doesn't appear to do anything for the d2g. Not yet, anyway.

I emailed jrummy. Basically, his app does 3 things. 1 is pretty much was SetCPU does. The other is extras like ad blocker and, the 3...which is the most interesting part with the voltage and frequency mods. The first 2 work with the D2G. The last one does not...at least not yet.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Here's something interesting... I was playing with it further, and I installed the experimental modules. I was able to OC my d2g. I picked 1.35ghz, ulv. Set it to set on boot. Works like a charm. I think...

For safety purposes, you probably shouldn't set it on boot, especially since its not meant for your device. If something goes wrong and you have it set on boot, you might not be able to get your phone started up to change it.

tappin and a talkin

Did you read my post? It depends on how high you want to clock and if your phone can even take it. Try low or medium voltage at 1.25ghz and slowly move up from there every day or so. When your phone reboots from the overclock, thats too high. Sure someone else could throw their settings out but like i said it varies from pfone to phone.

As for profiles i use bottom frequency when the screen is off (300 min/max) under 70% batt limit to the third frequency (300 min/800 max) under 50% limit to the bottom two fr. (300 min/600 max) and above 104 degrees farenheit limit to the bottom 2 (300 min/600 max)
You could just convert those frequencies to the ones your using at your clock speed.

tappin and a talkin

this is true and use setcpu it is the easiest app to understand

Back