help with this bootanimation

turdbogls

Reaction score
ok, so i took a confirmed working modded atrix bootanimation and unzipped it, modified the images writing over top of those images not changing the name of them. then zipped it back up and installed it in data/local just like other animations i have done, and i get nothing. can one of you bootanimation gurus take a look and let me know what i did wrong?

thanks
View attachment 29994

and yes i renamed it with the correct spelling after i copied it over. :)

WTF...didn't work for me. I just dont get it...lol

I have done it in the past....i am not special I sweae

This message was probably sent from the can

Did you re-zip it or use mine? And what directory are you putting it in?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Just downloaded yours, renamed to and placed in data/local

This message was probably sent from the can

Ok now I'm stumped lol. I just downloaded mine directly from the app to my phone, moved and renamed and it worked just fine. Can you get any other animations to work? Might be something got messed up on your phone. Idk :/

Ok now I'm stumped lol. I just downloaded mine directly from the app to my phone, moved and renamed and it worked just fine. Can you get any other animations to work? Might be something got messed up on your phone. Idk :/

Just downloaded the stock droid X animation and got it to work. i am very confused. maybe the other location would work....is that system/media?

Just downloaded the stock droid X animation and got it to work. i am very confused. maybe the other location would work....is that system/media?

Ya... it checks data/local first tho so make sure there isn't one there. Wish I knew why data/local isn't working tho. That's gonna bug me lol. The animation is a little unusual, I haven't used a part folder that started with a number but I don't think that should matter as long as it's called correctly in the desc.txt. One other thing I noticed was that each of the part folders also contained a thumbs.db. I haven't seen that before but like I said it works on my phone so idk.

dont beat yourself up over it too much. its not a big deal. still weird that it works for you but not me. i just DL it to my computer, going to move over to SD then to data/local and see if that works. i may have put in in my dropbox (cant remember if i did that or just DL from the app or browser) and i think that does funny stuff to image files....i dunno....just fishing i guess :)

Ya boot animations seem to be pretty touchy. I did one for mine that worked fine until the looping part, then it played the first time through at normal speed, but after that started playing at double speed. Now every animation I put on does that... after the first time through the loop, kicks into high gear. Really bugs me, not so much because it does it, but because it shouldn't do it, if that makes any sense :/ I'm planning to maderstcok when the new liberty comes out, hoping that'll fix it.

interesting. i gave it another go by DLing it on the computer and moving it over but still a no go..i guess it just wasn't meant to be :( i appreciate your help tho.

I have the rotting apple boot animation and cannot get it to work with gingerbread, but it worked perfectly with liberty 1.5 by flashing it in recovery. Just locks up in recovery after gingerbread. Is there a manual to load it?

I have the rotting apple boot animation and cannot get it to work with gingerbread, but it worked perfectly with liberty 1.5 by flashing it in recovery. Just locks up in recovery after gingerbread. Is there a manual to load it?

Extract the bootanimation.zip file from the flashable zip and copy it to /data/local using root explorer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Also, make sure to rename or delete any other bootanimation.zip in data/local, if there is one. The one you put in has to be named bootanimation.zip exactly.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Back