HelpASAP Broke new phone

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
im such n idiot if i can get this fixed ill never do it again. i followed step by step n rooted my phone everyhthing was fine.i used dmuploader n tried to get droid 1.0 i guess i followed everything right and at evry end after new rom was suppose to b in phone kept turning on n off numerous time....i finally got it in recovery by holding x and did a simple back restore wouldnyt work so now im in advanced and iy says perform a restore then has potions such as boot cache data misc recovery n system and boot data n system r checked shooukld i click restore now...im so upset n stupid my phones only 1 week old

i hope someone can help me im so sorry im freaking out cause i guess warrenty is voided so verizon wont replace it

This will be moved to the rescue squad. hold on .... someone will help you shortly

im an idiot i thought since i did a simple recovery i forgot to back out and see if it worked i thouht it woild automatically work but i did the advance restore and phone is back does anyone know what could have went wrong? I have been reading on rooting my phone before even getting it and I am pretty tech savy I work on wiis and computer all time but this really scared me I thouhgt i was done for. So if anyone had any advice for me I would like to try again even thouhg I'm a little scared I'm sure I can do it.

Last edited:
actn i understand your frustration right now...don't worry...someone will be along to help you. just stay calm...it'll be ok

yeah i got the phone working again but now I'm scared to unroot it and go back to stock just incase i lose everything but if i am rooted will i still recieve the 2.1 update?

act don't be scared.... this was just a fluke that you had problems with droidmod. if you need to chat add me to gtalk and i'll help you the best i can. my name is below in my signature

Don't be afraid. I think she is right. It was a fluke. DM is usually hard to go wrong with.

Slow down. Breathe in and out a few times. Get a cup of coffee. Relax.

What is in your nandroid backup directory on the SD card? Give me a file name.

What version of SPRecovery is on your phone right now? (Hold X key and power up...when it boots into recovery console right at the top it will say what kind of recovery console you are running...stock from Verizon or 99.1b or 99.2b or 99.3b of SPRecovery?)

There is a file (I have it, but have no clue how to share it or where I got it from) that you can flash onto your phone and put it right back to where it was before you rooted and you don't lose any of your apps or settings. And if you have a nandroid of everything else, you'll be right back to where you were.

Once we get you back to square one, you can try to root and flash again. The first step is to teach you how to recover from a total screw up so you'll be more comfortable screwing it up again...err...I mean...upgrading your ROM again.

Nate (BTDT)

Hey, Actngrezy! How are you making out? Give us an update and we'll get you through this.

Mike

im an idiot i thought since i did a simple recovery i forgot to back out and see if it worked i thouht it woild automatically work but i did the advance restore and phone is back does anyone know what could have went wrong? I have been reading on rooting my phone before even getting it and I am pretty tech savy I work on wiis and computer all time but this really scared me I thouhgt i was done for. So if anyone had any advice for me I would like to try again even thouhg I'm a little scared I'm sure I can do it.

I'm glad this didn't totally shake your confidence. What happend was you got stuck in a boot loop. It will happen sometimes. I think most of us running ROMs have had it happen at least once. With DroidMod I don't know why it happened. But if you'd like we can walk you. Through installing another ROM. Just remember don't panic, and there's always a way.(99.99% of the time) as no one here has heard of a confirmed bricked Droid.

ok so I just got up and Im going to try this again now So i need to start in Sprecovery and find out what type I have. My phone is still rooted. I was going to try it again just a little scared of same thing happing. Now I would much rather run the new version of smoked glass.

I have sp recovery 99.3b

there is a preinstall-bds-20100326-0921 folder in my nandroid folder. now if i try thi sagain do you think it was a fluke and will work this time and do i have to do another backup of my phone

I did not use the same process you are using. I crated the nandroid folder and the only files in that particular folder have been files that I added. Therefore, I'm thinking that the automated process may have created the file you see. I'm always cautious so, if it were me doing this, I would make another backup. You can always delete it.

Mike

ok I tried to do it again droid mod came up my phone loaded then wouldnt unlock and it shutoff then restrated and stuff on the motor icon

Back