Hi all

reprosser

Reaction score
I am about to switch back to Verizon from ATT, and I plan to get the DroidX phone (probably thru Best Buy). My wife and I had to leave Verizon a couple years ago due to no coverage at our new place, but now we have signal - so we are glad to be switching back.:icon_ banana:

I have used smart phones for a while - mainly to be able to sync up my calendar at work. Have not used GPS, email, or internet access.

This will be our first step into the "data package", so I may be asking lots of questions as we stumble along.

My wife has not decided on a phone yet. She will probably end up with a smart phone, but does not need a lot of bells and whistles. A good phone with GPS, camera and easy to use menus is important to her. Any suggestions?

welcome to the forum. if she likes both touch and keyboard, the Droid 2 and Global has that feature. but IMO the camera is not that great but easy to use or navigate. TB would be a good option. either way u folks would Android. good luck

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us. :)

As for a phone for your wife the fascinate might be a good choice or possibly the LG vortex they are both good phones and the vortex is more midrange if that's what your looking for. If she wants a keyboard the Droid 2 Global is currently the best option IMO, I don't care for the Droid Pro much. As for the best of the best that title falls to the Thunderbolt for the moment it is a superb phone but the 4g can be a drain on the battery that is if you live in a 4G area.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

more info

We don't have 4G in our area, so I removed the TB from the list.

She likes to have a keyboard, but has never used a touch screen. If the keys are large enough - would probably be OK.

I noticed a number of posts (all over the web) about the Droid X random rebooting. Seems to have been an early issue since I have not seen any recent posts complaining about it.

The X is a very solid device. Try it for a week and if you are not happy return it to VZW. This is a restock fee but it will help you decide.

Mike

Back