Horrible 4G Play Store Download speeds

jasondeg

Reaction score
Got my Galaxy S4 today. The Play Store download speeds on 4G are absolutely horrible. If they're 3G I would be surprised! Any suggestions? On Speed Test the download speeds are over 10 Mbps... came from a Bionic and never had this problem.

And I forgot to mention the downloads over WiFi are fine. So strange.

Hey jason same thing, came from the bionic and my new S4 on verizon lte its stupid slow yesterday today seems better. I called tech support and we tried a few things and nothing helped, even my speed test was under 2mbps and upload of .5mbps .. Just tested today it seems to take a long time to open stuff in google play but once it downloads its fast, yesterday was a nightmare to download stuff slower then 3g for sure.

Did you try a factory reset?
yes but it didn't seem to help, plus when you do it remember to change it back to lte as it sets it to globel for some reason. My S4 seems to be fine today, not sure why but i will give it a few days, the tech guy put a note on my account that they will wave all charges so i can get a brand new one not refurb.

I have an S3 and I suddenly started to experienced slow download speeds from play store over the last couple of days. The issue may be unrelated to the S4. Could be server side issues.

Tapped from a Synergized VZW S3

Did you try a factory reset?

No because I just got everything installed and running the way I want. Plus it was like this from the very first minute I got the phone. When it was just factory.

Back