How did you get your Thunderbolt?

agdaniels

Reaction score
How is everyone getting their thunderbolts? I, like many, got the OG droid when it came out, so don't qualify for an upgrade until July. My voice plan doesn't rate me for the one year upgrade and they refuse to upgrade me early. I thought about adding a second line, but don't want to change my number

How is everyone else getting their Thunderbolt?? I'm getting very impatient, would love to get it now rather then wait until July

How is everyone getting their thunderbolts? I, like many, got the OG droid when it came out, so don't qualify for an upgrade until July. My voice plan doesn't rate me for the one year upgrade and they refuse to upgrade me early. I thought about adding a second line, but don't want to change my number

How is everyone else getting their Thunderbolt?? I'm getting very impatient, would love to get it now rather then wait until July

That's weird they should do the upgrade I came from Sprint when I got mine.. but if u keep trying they should give u that early upgrade just be upfront and keep trying.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

That's weird they should do the upgrade I came from Sprint when I got mine.. but if u keep trying they should give u that early upgrade just be upfront and keep trying.

I've tried three times now, even calling the customer service rep informing I'd leave verizon to find 4g elsewhere (politely of course) and they said there was just no way they could, new policies in effect or something like that.

Really disappointing for verizon, I'm trying to lock in 2 more years with them and give them money for a phone and accessories, but they won't do it

I've tried three times now, even calling the customer service rep informing I'd leave verizon to find 4g elsewhere (politely of course) and they said there was just no way they could, new policies in effect or something like that.

Really disappointing for verizon, I'm trying to lock in 2 more years with them and give them money for a phone and accessories, but they won't do it
Believe it or not, VZW is a for-profit company. When they subsidize a phone with a 2 year commitment and give you an upgrade after 20 months, they can turn a profit on the agreement you signed with them. If they have a $500 phone and you get it for $199, and expect to be able to upgrade earlier than your 20 months, then VZW isn't making any money on you. If they do that for everyone, they make no profit at all with the commitment you agreed to.

If it were more then two months early I'd buy that, but they are subsidizing the cost of the phone anyway during my upgrade date, for a long time customer that they can expect to continue the contract it seems trivial. Verizon charges more then every other carrier sans ATT, they are getting their moneys worth out of us

Your point is valid, but at some point you'd think the customer would come before hard and fast rules set by corporate, especially when its the long time customers who have flawless records with payment and usage

if u add a second line and keep you old number and get a new one then cant u port the old number to the new one.... JUST DONT CANCEL THE NUMBER U WANT

I wasn't due for an upgrade until August which would of been my 20 months. But last month when I went to pay my bill online it said I was eligible for an early upgrade. So I clicked the button and kept clicking on the next page and when the TB showed up on sale for $199. I clocked that box and checked out.

I kept waiting for it to stop and say error, not eligible...lol...Got my TB delivered two days later and been loving it ever since. Glad I chose that day to pay my bill and as it was payday had the money on hand to pay for the phone right then.

Ebay. I used an upgrade for mine and just bought another one for $380 on ebay.

There are several people in my area, Glendale, AZ, that are selling the TB for $300-$375. I am going to meet a guy at the VZW store today and if the ESN# checks out then I will be the owner of a TB. I currently have the DX, just always like to try out the latest stuff and my next upgrade is not until July and I am hoping that the Bionic/Targa/D3 will be out by then.

I got mine using an early upgrade on my primary line. It did come out to $380 but I didn't mind paying a little extra to get it on release date. My Droid 1 (after 1.5 years) was slowly dying, and did die about a month after I got the Thunderbolt.

I wasn't do till November and I got mine I would always walk in there and ask if I could upgrade they would always shot me down had the D1, do u have the Verizon app that checks ur min,data etc. There I clicked where it says device once that opens click ur first option which is upgrade device if ur lucky like me it will say good news ur on ur way to an upgrade,so I walked in there and this time I told him didn't ask and showed him that they couldn't say no, my advice is check in that app or also log in to ur Verizon wireless acc and check through there as well.

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

Hey let us know what happens don't give up keep trying I did and got my Bolt.
"ThuNd3rB0lT"

Back