How do I export (not sync) contacts

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Like say, how do I go about exporting contacts tothe phone or just exporting from gmail to the comp and then importing them into the phone? NOT with sync.

Login to google.com/contacts and there's an import/export option there. It will then synchronize with the phone. If you want to export directly from the phone... I don't know :p

Thanks for the reply harrellj but I quickly noticed it was toast on both sides. NEVER.. please, use Verizon Backup Assistant. I ended up manually entering her contacts (been on the to do list for a bit to get that one fixed :) )

Ahh. Well, good news, with the information in the "cloud" now, you can always make a backup by doing like I mentioned earlier :p

Ain't nothing wrong with sync. It does exactly what it's supposed to. The problem is with the Verizon BackupAssistant. Instead of backing up my wifes contacts, it saved all the numbers as notes. POS. No wonder they made it a free thing.. Anywho, all is well. Changed the notes to numbers in Gmail manually and then synched the phone. Good to go and wife is happy.

I was thinking about doing some reverse engineering but the gmail contacts were the same so I had to do it old school (manually) cause I am not paying Verizon $20 for something so simple.

Back