how do I share data with my samsung tab 2 7.0?

tc1

Reaction score
Anybody use this combo?

Got pdanet tablet and foxfi for my rezound.

Cannot connect, little help please.

I am running a rom on my rezound and tried wifi tether, it didnt work. I havent looked into it that much though. I will see what I can find out.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

If you mean tethering, try wifi tether(requires root access), or pdanet/barnacle(bluetooth). If you go the wifi route, you need to have tethering in infrastructure mode.

I have pdanet and foxfi but cannot get it to work. I'll try barnacle

Not rooted or romed, totally stock.

I have used pdanet and easy tether before with a laptop and they both worked really well.

Just never tried with a tablet.

I have used pdanet and easy tether before with a laptop and they both worked really well.

Just never tried with a tablet.

The problem is that Android tablets(especially) may not have the BT stack to support tethering. Just like when you use wifi tether, there are a lot of Android tabs that don't have the ability to use an ad-hoc network and therefore can't connect unless you open the tethering connection in "infrastructure mode".

Well I guess that rules out tethering using an usb cable since samsung uses a special cable and not the standard micro usb one.

I have pdanet and foxfi but cannot get it to work. I'll try barnacle

Foxfi does not work on htc.
The old version of PDA.net Tablet worked on my Rezound for about a month but once it was updated on the market "to fix incompatibility issues" it no longer works.
On my non rooted Inc I used the "hole" to tether for free but there is no hole on the Rezound.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk Blue post

Dammit, so frustrating and I refuse to pay to share data that I'm already paying for once.

I know, been avoiding doing anything like that to my phone for fear of bricking and lack of time due to having a toddler

I know, been avoiding doing anything like that to my phone for fear of bricking and lack of time due to having a toddler

Well leave the bricking part off the table. Without going full S-Off, it's really hard to brick your rezound. Check the guide in my sig if that's a route you want to go.

Doesn't rooting stop you from getting ota updates like ics?

Back