How to add "droid" as notification sound?

GenieAngel

Reaction score
I know a lot of people hate it but I still love it. It appears they have taken away the word droid as a notification sound. Is there anyway to get it back?

The Nexus is not a Droid phone so it won't have it.

If you find the sound file you'll be able to put it on your Nexus and set it up as a notification.

It's not a droid!?? :mad: Are you sure? What makes it *not* a droid? I thought all non-iphone smartphones were droid.

It's not a droid!?? :mad: Are you sure? What makes it *not* a droid? I thought all non-iphone smartphones were droid.
Droid is what Verizon calls their lineup of android phone; droid razr, droid incredible, droid bionic, etc. Phones like the Thunderbolt and the Nexus don't fall into this category. The Nexus is a "pure" Google phone. They all have android, but not all the phones on Verizon are Droids.

This is a common misconception about Android because Verizon pushes Droid so much.

Oh, Thanks. I thought the words android and droid were interchangeable. There is so much to learn!

I know a lot of people hate it but I still love it. It appears they have taken away the word droid as a notification sound. Is there anyway to get it back?

Download zedge, its in the market. Once you install zedge search notification sound "droid"

Yep nexus is android, pure android, blessedly pure android! Yay the fascinate has pissed me off for a year and a half and I'll be glad to get rid of it.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Glad to have the Droid sounds off my device. Now, to have the music that the Techno-Twins, Slad and Vieter, were rocking from the AT&T commercial...

I posted this for someone else as well. My link: Droid Sound.

Drop this file here: sdcard/Notifications

Once you do that, it will appear as a selection under your current notifications. Enjoy your droid sound on a non-Droid device :)

I took the droid.ogg sound file from my DX and put it on my nexus.

If you want more classic droid sounds, I would download Pete's Bugless beast for OG (or another ROM) and find the notification folds, sort through the ones you want the put them on your SD.

What's wrong with the droid sound on the Nexus? I put it on mine as a little tribute to my old little buddy. dancedroid

I posted this for someone else as well. My link: Droid Sound.

Drop this file here: sdcard/Notifications

Once you do that, it will appear as a selection under your current notifications. Enjoy your droid sound on a non-Droid device :)
Better than what my friend did....he put the iPhone notification on his SGII:D

I put the Droid sound on my Nexus, too. I missed it!

Back