How to I get rid of factory installed apps?

shan68ok

Reaction score
I have apps on my Droid 2 that I will never use but I cannot delete them. Guys at the Verizon store were no help...anyone here know how I can get rid of things like Blockbuster, City ID, Skype....? I'm not very tech savvy, so instructions for idiots should be used if instructions there are.

Thanks

First get rooted then we'll talk unless you just want them to be hidden then thats easy without being rooted

If hiding them will keep them from running in the background I'm all for that. The very idea of rooting sounds terrifying to me...lol.

haha no hiding them wont stop them from running but will make you think they are gone for good lol.. with the one click rooting method its taken all the hard work out of it. read more about rooting till you get comfortable with the idea

Uninstalling factory apps

I'm having the same problem with deleting factory installed apps. I would be happy just to turn them off. I am currently using Chomp SMS for texting which is SOOOOO much better than the app that came with the phone but they keep conflicting with each other. I need to either turn of the text messaging app or uninstall it. I am presuming that you can download the rooted app from Marketplace but when I looked for it I couldn't find it. ;)

I'm having the same problem with deleting factory installed apps. I would be happy just to turn them off. I am currently using Chomp SMS for texting which is SOOOOO much better than the app that came with the phone but they keep conflicting with each other. I need to either turn of the text messaging app or uninstall it. I am presuming that you can download the rooted app from Marketplace but when I looked for it I couldn't find it. ;)

Rooted app?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Back