How to root Dinc2 after 2.3 upgrade?

Josh185

Reaction score
How can I root my Dinc2 after OTA update to 2.3? I am fine with a temp root because all I want to do is freeze bloatware.

I was using the method described
here but that doesn't work now.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--Josh

Wait for the devs to figure it out. The OTA update probably blocked their current access to root and they need to find another way around it.

Thanks, I'll keep checking back here to see if something comes up for 2.3.

Enlightened is correct. There is no software method that will do it right now. I do believe the XTC Clip will still root it permanently. The only drawback to the XTC Clip is that S-OFF is permanent. Those are the current options.

Yeah just got the kids dinc2's...
I let the update install thinking that it was a minor update and not actually 2.3.3 Gingee...
Now I gotta wait to remove the BLOAT...

gotta say though the dinc2 and gingerbread is Great....
If Verizon wouldn't put the bloat in systems and allowing us to remove the unneeded crap I wouldn't even root the kids phones

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

I'm just posting so I can follow this thread. I would like to know how to root after 2.3 as well. (without s-off)

I like the sound of that^^^^^^

I'm following this also. I just got my DINC2 last week and love it except for the bloat ware! It did the 2.3 update immediately after activating and gingerbread is cool. I'm moving to this from a Droid 1 with CM7. I think I'll be keeping the stock ROM for now and just freeze the bloat ware. When root is achieved please include directions for unrooting also, please! Or is that somewhere else on here? Thanks again!

I'm following this also. I just got my DINC2 last week and love it except for the bloat ware! It did the 2.3 update immediately after activating and gingerbread is cool. I'm moving to this from a Droid 1 with CM7. I think I'll be keeping the stock ROM for now and just freeze the bloat ware. When root is achieved please include directions for unrooting also, please! Or is that somewhere else on here? Thanks again!

hmmm?
How did you freeze the bloat? Did it remove it from the app drawer?

Back