HTC Email App Doesn't Work

hoboX10

Reaction score
I've had this problem since I first got the phone. I cannot add a gmail account to HTC's mail app. It says I am not putting the password in correctly when I KNOW I am.

I was hoping today's OTA update would fix it, but it did not. :frown:

I had looked up info about the problem and a lot of people said to simply enable IMAP on gmail. I have enabled it and it still does not work.

I've had this problem since I first got the phone. I cannot add a gmail account to HTC's mail app. It says I am not putting the password in correctly when I KNOW I am.

I was hoping today's OTA update would fix it, but it did not. :frown:

I had looked up info about the problem and a lot of people said to simply enable IMAP on gmail. I have enabled it and it still does not work.

Why would you want to use Gmail in the stock email app? That thing is horrible. GMail works best in GMail. If you're set in using it in the stock mail app, make sure you have the server settings right(if you're adding the account manually) If you're doing it during setup it will automatically set you up using IMAP.

Why would you want to use Gmail in the stock email app? That thing is horrible. GMail works best in GMail. If you're set in using it in the stock mail app, make sure you have the server settings right(if you're adding the account manually) If you're doing it during setup it will automatically set you up using IMAP.
Well the reason is kind of stupid, but I want a number to show up on the App Icon like it does for Text Messages so I can easily see if I have unread emails. I thought HTC's Email app did it. Also, I tried adding the account manually and it still had the same problem (said the password was incorrect). I tried different connection settings that lots of people online said worked for them.

Oh well.

Back