HTC Joins the 'Phablet' Fray with the HTC J Butterfly; 5-Inch, Quad-Core S4, 2GB Ram

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-J-Butterfly-HTL21-3V-red.png

It would appear that the end of 2012 is the year that all the Android manufacturers pull out all the stops and launch their most powerful weapons on the unsuspecting populace of consumer-land. First we had the LG Optimus G, then the Samsung Galaxy Note II, now HTC just shared their new quad-core behemoth, the HTC J Butterfly. While the name be questionable, the specs are nothing to sneeze at. This phone smacks squarely into the "phablet" category with a 5-inch 1080p SLCD3 display, and powers into the high-end category with a Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 Pro and 2GB of RAM. Here's a breakdown of the specs,
  • Qualcomm S4 Pro 1.5GHz quad-core APQ8064 processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 8MP camera
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • SLCD3 1080p 440ppi display
  • NFC
  • 2,020mAh battery
  • 9.1mm thin
  • Black, red, white color variations

htc-j-butterfly-colors.png

Sadly for the rest of us, right now the only place that is scheduled to get this beautiful device is Japan. Of course, if the phone turns out to be a hit there, then maybe it might spread to other parts of the globe. It certainly is a gorgeous looking device. What do you guys think?

Source: HTC

2Ah battery??

Apparently, everyone in HTCland uses battery packs for belts because they insist on putting undercapacity batteries in their devices.

Based solely on your battery capacities and my Thunderdolt experience, HTC,

292369_268840959882221_1645831641_n.jpg

[video=youtube;_wEqBLN2CA8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wEqBLN2CA8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

droid-like colors

2Ah battery??

Apparently, everyone in HTCland uses battery packs for belts because they insist on putting undercapacity batteries in their devices.

Based solely on your battery capacities and my Thunderdolt experience, HTC,

292369_268840959882221_1645831641_n.jpg

Motorola is known for industrial design with sub par cameras, sammy is known for innovation with plastic feel, and htc is known for awesome phones with small batteries.

nice specs outside of battery of course.. in the phablet world the note 2 is king and this is just a bigger screen phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This looks like it could be a good phone but I dont want it to die 2 hours after i take it off the charger. Id get the Note 2 but I dont want it to look like Im holding a cookie sheet up to the side of my head.

B

This looks like it could be a good phone but I dont want it to die 2 hours after i take it off the charger. Id get the Note 2 but I dont want it to look like Im holding a cookie sheet up to the side of my head.

B

eh thats what bluetooth is for. In reality there is enough room for all these devices and I bet the htc dlx will be an awesome device. The rezound was arguably vzw's most underrated device last year and this will be a huge set forward. Htc fans will be getting a nice phone. Hopefully vzw can influence them to at least put a 2500-2800 mah battery in it.

Motorola is known for industrial design with sub par cameras, sammy is known for innovation with plastic feel, and htc is known for awesome phones with small batteries.

If only we could merge all those positive traits together and create a phone called Unity.

eh thats what bluetooth is for. In reality there is enough room for all these devices and I bet the htc dlx will be an awesome device. The rezound was arguably vzw's most underrated device last year and this will be a huge set forward. Htc fans will be getting a nice phone. Hopefully vzw can influence them to at least put a 2500-2800 mah battery in it.

ive never had an HTC phone. Sammy was always my next choice but I like the look of this one. Is the beat audio as good as Ive read about?

B

ive never had an HTC phone. Sammy was always my next choice but I like the look of this one. Is the beat audio as good as Ive read about?

B

yes but the screen is a battery hog, gorgeous and arguably one of the best, but will suck a phone dry. If this thing come to vzw with 2000 mah battery life on lte then it will be an office queen. People who work in an office can afford to buy it because they can keep it on a charger. Those who are always on the go will hate this phone.

yes but the screen is a battery hog, gorgeous and arguably one of the best, but will suck a phone dry. If this thing come to vzw with 2000 mah battery life on lte then it will be an office queen. People who work in an office can afford to buy it because they can keep it on a charger. Those who are always on the go will hate this phone.

it will be for me then, i sit in an office all day. I cant see the the battery being that small though unless JB comes with some major power tweaks and the S4 isnt very power hungry. a top tier phone without at least a battery capable of making it 12hours on 1 charge is kinda like wiping before you poop....just dont make sense

B

Might as well remove the battery and require it to be plugged in to work.

Back