htc rezound receiving email alerts after 4.0 update

droidman72

Reaction score
I'm very please for ics update but somehow my phone stop receiving emails alert does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Do you mean you no longer get notifications of new emails? Is this in the default Mail application, Gmail, or some other mail app?

Have you gone to Settings-Accounts&Sync and verified that the little ON/OFF toggle in the upper right corner is set to ON?

Have you opened the app itself and gone to it's Settings (exact location varies by app) and made sure that notifications are turned on within the app?

Lastly, did you do a factory reset after receiving the ICS update? This is a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED procedure to prevent issues with a major operating system update.

Yes I've did everything from setting up all emails and switching to on in the right upper corner but I don't get any email updates. Ever since the ics update I have not been getting any emails sent to my phone I was guessing it might be a error or something I don't know but if I want to see emails I would have to go in manually and pull the emails up when it use to notified me when I have a email.

I am now assuming stock email app? If it is connected to an Exchange server using ActiveSync (Corporate Email) or an IMAP server, just delete the account on the phone, go to Settings-Apps-All-Mail and Clear Data, and then add the account back in, that will usually clear up this type of issue. If it is a POP3 email account, make sure to backup your emails on the phone first (with POP they are generally not stored on the server, with IMAP and Echange they are), then delete and re-add the account.

You did not answer as to whether you did a factory reset after getting the ICS update... I would still recommend that even if the above works for you.

Last edited:
Back