HTC Thunderbolt Spec Descrepencies

funkyb

Reaction score
This is my first android device so I'm hoping I'm just doing this wrong. I have Elixir installed on my HTC Thunderbolt and am seeing these specs, which disagree significantly from what is advertised:

Internal Memory: 2.5 GB Free out of 2.6GB Total (Should be closer to 8GB total, right?)

Ram: 118MB Free out of 597 MB total (shoudl be closer to 768 MB total, right?)

Camcorder: Resolution 720x480 (Advertised 720p, and in the camera application you can choose capture resolutions up to 1280x720).

What's all this about?

Bloatware is eating up a lot of that 8GB onboard. And I'm sure the OS is using up the dedicated 256MB.

Bloatware is eating up a lot of that 8GB onboard. And I'm sure the OS is using up the dedicated 256MB.

I'm not really worried about the amount of "free" ram, what I'm concerned is Elixir says there is only 2.6GB of *total* ram.

First and i know im being a stickler but you should know the discrepancy between internal sd storage and actual RAM. The 256 MB of RAM that is 'missing' is just the prealocated amount that is used by Android. The rest is for your apps and everything else.

But the internal SD card only showing 2.6 GB seems to be a big error

First and i know im being a stickler but you should know the discrepancy between internal sd storage and actual RAM. The 256 MB of RAM that is 'missing' is just the prealocated amount that is used by Android. The rest is for your apps and everything else.

But the internal SD card only showing 2.6 GB seems to be a big error

Yes, poor use of language on my part. I understand the difference between volatile and nonvolatile storage.

Agreed, 2.6 total is so far off the mark that either the ram in this thing is bad, the advertised specs are wrong, or elixir is not reporting accurately.

Any suggestions on how to identify which it is?

Try another app as suggested.

I can promise you they didnt lie about the specs, and however possible....I seriously doubt something is wrong with your phone.

pls try System Info in Market and report back

It appears the system info widget only shows the free internal space (2.49GB) and not the total internal space which is what I am interested in.

Try another app as suggested.

I can promise you they didnt lie about the specs, and however possible....I seriously doubt something is wrong with your phone.

I agree with you, but at the same time I'd like to understand what is causing elixir to report 2.6 GB total internal storage. I tried one other application as suggested above, but it appears this one does not report total internal storage (only free). I'm going to hunt around for more.

Mine shows 2670.79 MB total internal, 597MB of RAM. I can kind of understand the RAM the other 200MB is dedicated to the OS i guess, but where did the other 5 gigs of storage go?

Well I am glad I am not the only one, but still am lost.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Well what does the OS report in settings>sd card and phone storage?

Well what does the OS report in settings>sd card and phone storage?

Same. However, the Internal Memory is where installed applications go (unless they are moved to the SD card) so 2.6 gig is actually more than the 2 gig we expected. The 8 gig on the Incredible was extra storage that very few apps could actually take advantage of. You could see it in a file explorer like Astro and the directory was named "emmc". I have not found the equivalent on the Tbolt yet. At this time, this does appear to be a mis-match with the published specs.

Alan

I have to agree, but find it impossible to believe the specs were wrong...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Back