I can use my phone as a heater or to cook eggs...

orangemarmalade

Reaction score
Well like I stated on the title my phone is giving off too much heat.
I was using ChevyNo1's 1.25 ghz lowV kernel and had it at max 1.25
ghz but it gets too hot so i lowered it to 1.00 ghz min. at 800 and it
got a lot cooler but I'd like to keep it at 1.25ghz since it's very fast &
does everything without any lag or choppiness... Since when I lower it
is really and i mean really slow & choppy... Is there a way I can keep it
at 1.25 ghz and keep it cool at the same time?

Currently using : UD 5.0.1 Rom, ChevyNo1 1.25ghz lowv kernel, rooted 2.2 froyo, & luna theme for the ud5 rom.

Any help is much appreciated...

I'd try chevys lv 1.1. A lot of droids just can't handle the 1.25 kernels.

eh dam is that what it was? the phone not being able to handle the 1.25ghz =/ but i really like the speed & smoothness of 1.25 its just so amazing everything is done a blink of a eye... but my phone got hot even at stock kernel 600-800 =/

Yah my droid can't do 1.25 at all. Try the one I told you. I'm fast, cool and smooth on that one.

eh dam is that what it was? the phone not being able to handle the 1.25ghz =/ but i really like the speed & smoothness of 1.25 its just so amazing everything is done a blink of a eye... but my phone got hot even at stock kernel 600-800 =/

to be perfectly honest i used to run my phone at 1000 and then lowered it to 800 and i see no difference between 1000 and 800

to be perfectly honest i used to run my phone at 1000 and then lowered it to 800 and i see no difference between 1000 and 800

really? because when i was using 800 it was really slow and everything would open really slow also even at settings set at fast so i installed 1.25 and noticed the speed difference not to mention it's a lot smoother now. i guess i just gotta mess with it until i get to a spot where i like it. =/

Phone gets hot on all the kernels I've tried , especially at 1.25 GHz . To me the coolest seems to be P3 LV , but still gets pretty hot . Was a pleasure today to keep the phone on my face for half an hour at 100 F outside .

It all depends on what you classify as "too hot" do you consider "too hot" to be 120F or 160F? With speed comes increased power which causes increased heat. There's three things you could do:

1. Knock it down 50-100mhz (from 1.25 to 1.2 to 1.1 etc)
2. Try a lower voltage
3. Build and attach a CPU heatsink! :D

Back