I keep getting "android is upgrading" after a reboot

biggestmexi

Reaction score
I also cannot get the phone to boot into Clockwork mod anymore.

I was able to the other day in order to get su. but after it said "Android is Upgrading", i think is what messed it up.

Now it just boots into the regular recovery. I can Flash Clockwork mod from within clockwork mod, but that doesnt work either.

Please help.

It isnt the typical android system update though (I think) It says Android is Upgrading in the window title, then under it it just says Optimizing Application x of 124

I thought I read that every reboot rewrites the standard recovery over top of the CWM recovery. Try reinstalling clockwork and booting right into it without a reboot.

I thought I read that every reboot rewrites the standard recovery over top of the CWM recovery. Try reinstalling clockwork and booting right into it without a reboot.

well i got wallet and cwm to work again but i just restarted again and it did it.

It happened to me trying to put on wallet i gave up on wallet and restored my back up as for clock work you need to get root explorer and go to system>recovery-from-boot.p (change to 1recovery-from-boot.p):D

This defiantly has something to do with wallet. started happening to me after i installed it following the instructions on XDA forums.
cwm does not stick for me either, i just go into Rom Manager and flash it every time i need it. but the "android upgrading" every time i reboot kind of scares me.

edit:
pretty good solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20404813&postcount=350
must not have installed it via update. i made a backup right before i did so i just rolled back and this installed smoothly.

Last edited:
This defiantly has something to do with wallet. started happening to me after i installed it following the instructions on XDA forums.
cwm does not stick for me either, i just go into Rom Manager and flash it every time i need it. but the "android upgrading" every time i reboot kind of scares me.

edit:
pretty good solution: xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] Flashable Google Wallet for Galaxy Nexus (1.1-R41v8) [Last Update: 16/12/2011]
must not have installed it via update. i made a backup right before i did so i just rolled back and this installed smoothly.

Yeah the google wallet hack is the culprit. Was having the same issues myself even when restoring a nandroid backup. It had be stumped.

so even the google wallet apk is causing this? i installed it via the apk not the zip and really only noticed today that i'm getting the "android is updating..." notice when i reboot. can i just uninstall it?

Back