I know some say Task Killers are not needed but

Reaction score
how do you kill stock apps like the music/video player using settings. i used to be able to kill it with ATK but i unstalled that now when i go to settings, manage application etc... i dont see the music/video player.

so how do i kill it without atk?

thanks

As far as I know you can't. You just stop the music and move on and if the OS needs memory it'll close it. Personally I like to be able to close stuff, if for other reason than sometimes apps start behaving strangely. Why reboot the phone when you can kill the app and restart it?

As far as I know you can't. You just stop the music and move on and if the OS needs memory it'll close it. Personally I like to be able to close stuff, if for other reason than sometimes apps start behaving strangely. Why reboot the phone when you can kill the app and restart it?

i 100% agree with the above! i unistalled ATK because I read that I didnt need it and for the most part I didnt but now that I am watching movies on the Droid I feel like its choking a little bit and would be nice to have a way to make sure the video player was killed.

maybe i go back to ATK.

There is no reason not to use ATK, if you use it responsibly. In other words, don't close down the wrong apps/services. People will tell you differently, but using a TK to kill the Browser, Music Player, etc. is NOT going to slow down the phone and can only help. ;)

I just use the shortcut widget>running services and close some stuff like Imusic,the weather channel app and the music app ...they seem to never close and run all the time...I dont understand why all apps dont come with a exit option??

Probably for those who multitask heavily--not closing apps means quicker and more efficient app switching. I do both; I leave apps up all the time. When I am done using the phone and going to not be using it, I use ATK and blow away the apps I was previously using. This means when I do come back to using my phone, I don't have to worry about any program that may be hogging cpu cycles or eating ram for no good reason. Lets face it, not all apps are coded equally, and some apps have bad habits, like memory leaks.

If you must use one try Task Panel. There is too much evidence that ATK causes problems.

If you must use one try Task Panel. There is too much evidence that ATK. Aides problems.

I suppose it depends on how you use it. I use ATK, but I do not have it running in the background, running on phone startup, or residing in the notification tray. When I do use it, I made sure ATK was NOT on the ignore list so it kills itself as well as the other apps I want closed.

I've also uninstalled my Task Killer (I even purchased it!), due to the program killing tasks to abruptly . Now I kill tasks using the Droid menu.

Menu button (4 lines button at the bottom) Settings > Manage Applications > Menu (4 lines button at the bottom) > Filter > Running > Now you should be at a menu with all your running tasks. Touch the one you want to stop > Force stop > Go back.

If you have questions go ahead an ask.

Droid Rules.
Richard

I've also uninstalled my Task Killer (I even purchased it!), due to the program killing tasks to abruptly . Now I kill tasks using the Droid menu.

Menu button (4 lines button at the bottom) Settings > Manage Applications > Menu (4 lines button at the bottom) > Filter > Running > Now you should be at a menu with all your running tasks. Touch the one you want to stop > Force stop > Go back.

If you have questions go ahead an ask.

Droid Rules.
Richard

THANKS! I knew there was another step... duh on me! Filter then kill what I want! This is what I was looking for THANKS!!!

SORRY. I just read the first post again. The music player is near the bottom of the list if your "sort by size"

Richard

Back