I messed up....Someone help please

SeantheButcher

Reaction score
I rooted my phone perfectly using the guide on here (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...ent/79811-newbie-guide-rooting-fascinate.html)
Then I used this guide and followed the steps to put on ROM Manager and Titanium Backup so I could put on different ROMs and Kernals. (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...ent/79811-newbie-guide-rooting-fascinate.html)

Soo I used ROM manager and installed DJ05. I wiped out data because I was a moron and checked the box without thinking clearly. When my phone rebooted it displayed the Samsung logo fine but didn't show the Galaxy animation. I started to freak at this point. The screen came on and I reinstalled the apps again, but I couldnt get Titanium Backup to run correctly, saying my phone was rooted right. I ran the command "adb shell" on cmd and it says "bash-4.1". The vibrate function is not working and I've found by lookign around this is a common issue.

All I want is to go back to the stock kernal back. Just back to the point before things started to mess up. Anyone have any hints?

=/ Thanks, haha

Find a stock SF file and use odin to fash it to your phone. You should be able to find something about it on this forum or XDA.

Thanks. I made a backup before installing the new kernal. Sooo all my data was restored thankfully. Now only issue is the loss of vibration. Any ideas on that?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Thanks. I made a backup before installing the new kernal. Sooo all my data was restored thankfully. Now only issue is the loss of vibration. Any ideas on that?

Did you install DJ05 via Odin or did you just flash a DJ05 kernel?

Flashed a DJ05 kernal

That worked! Haha thanks. I'm news to the whole rooting/hacking droid thing. Just been going off of the ton of forum posts ive been reading.

Sent from my SCH-I500

That worked! Haha thanks. I'm news to the whole rooting/hacking droid thing. Just been going off of the ton of forum posts ive been reading.

Sent from my SCH-I500

If you feel brave read into upgrading to DJ05. I did and am not looking back. This phone is crisp and MUCH faster than when I originally got it.

Boostedjti can you provide a link to a good procedure for doing that?

Back