ICS 4.0.3 out yet?

sethm1

Reaction score
I have 4.0.2 and have been seeing references to the updated version on some sites. Should I not have this already?
Should I be calling Verizon?

Also though off topic - if not getting a 4G connection, how do I disable and therefore save battery by using the 3G?

Thx

Nope no word of it yet

To get to CDMA (3g) only mode, go to settings --> more --> mobile networks

Nope no word of it yet

To get to CDMA (3g) only mode, go to settings --> more --> mobile networks

Thanks on both.
Is the update now up to Verizon? I am seeing posts ( other sites) where some are saying they already have it - though
Maybe because their phones are rooted.

On the lte/CDMA - I gather I don't have to restart after making the change.

Thanks on both.
Is the update now up to Verizon? I am seeing posts ( other sites) where some are saying they already have it - though
Maybe because their phones are rooted.

On the lte/CDMA - I gather I don't have to restart after making the change.
Those are leaked 4.0.3 updates, but official word, none of it yet. Sorry should've made that more clear earlier.
I'm pretty sure you have to be rooted to run that radio, but not 100% sure as I have no need for it so I didn't look into it.

Not sure what you mean by restarting after making the change. Are you saying "will it revert back to LTE once you restart"? No it won't it will stay on whatever mode you left it on.

I read that Google pulled it due to issues with the NS and its being tweaked. Not sure if its true or not.

Rooted users have access to custom ROMs based off of the AOSP 4.0.3 from Google. It works perfectly smooth since the GNexus is designed to run off of the AOSP from Google. Most phones require the manufacturer to bless the new ROM then the carrier, but not this one!

I am running the new leaked radios (O4 for CDMA and 06 for LTE) and I can tell you there is no difference in reception. The newer version of the ROM (4.0.3) does make my level indicator pretend it is better but I run side by side tests between this phone and my older TBolt and I can tell you there is no improvement. The TBolt gets 4g and downloads data lickitysplit while the GNEx gets 3g and takes forever to download the same file. Can't really argue those results.

My advice...don't hold your breathe waiting for this update. It won't make your phone any better.

However...if you want to tweak it, root it and install a custom Kernel. I found one that is giving me great battery life. Tuna 3.0.13. I set it to conservative and the battery actually recharges itself while I use it (OK...it's not quite THAT good).

Nate

Did the radio help battery consumption for you? The one problem I'm facing is the 5-6 hours of talk time with radios off. The phone should be getting 10+ hours of talk time. Voice calls drain almost as quick as 4g surfing which is not cool.

Back