ICS update and app descriptions don't fit

tannins

Reaction score
The font is more clear with the update, but the descriptions under many of my apps and widgets no longer fit or wrap properly.
Is there a fix or setting I am missing?
Thanks.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Is this happening on everyone's phone?
Thanks.

Can you give us a screenshot example, I am thinking the opposite on ICS that is was better than on GB, for example, Maxthon used to show as "Maxthon Br" and now it actually shows "Maxthon Browser", but it kind of depends... SoundHound and Androminion look odd (wrapping the last letter to the second line), but stuff like ES Task or File Manager, and Wells Fargo Mobile all wrap correctly.

Does it on mine, some apps have one letter carry down to the next line. They should give you the option to get rid of the names or call it whatever you want.

Yeah, it's the one or two letter wrap around that is bugging me and wasn't happening before. Any fixes?
How do you take a screen shot?
I've tried the start button home button thing but haven't gotten it to work.

I read you can try Apex launcher, or Go Launcher EX. I think you can hide names with those, I havent tried them. To take a screen shot hold down power button and home button.

Yeah, it's the one or two letter wrap around that is bugging me and wasn't happening before. Any fixes?
How do you take a screen shot?
I've tried the start button home button thing but haven't gotten it to work.

Yeah, I have quite a few apps that do the one letter thing, annoying but not a huge deal.

Screen shots are easy... hold down the power button then tap the home button (before the power menu pops up) it will tell you screen shot saved as camera image or something to that effect.

The screen shot may take a few tries to get the timing right.
I use Nova launcher, but Go has the same ability, and turn off app names. They also allow me to use custom icons for apps and widgets. Here's 1 screen as an example

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Back