ICS update coming soon!

zhill29

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Verizon. He said they got info from Moto on the 6th that they were rolling out an ICS update for the Bionic. He said judging by the date they should have started rolling it out already. Anybody got it? I know I'm going to be checking for updates very frequently now.

I will believe it when i see it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using DroidForums

I just got off the phone with Verizon. He said they got info from Moto on the 6th that they were rolling out an ICS update for the Bionic. He said judging by the date they should have started rolling it out already. Anybody got it? I know I'm going to be checking for updates very frequently now.

Maybe that person is confusing the current 902 update rollout.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Someone got 902 mixed up with ICS.

Maybe that person is confusing the current 902 update rollout.

Thats what I thought at first too. And I told him I had seen the .902 update online and that I had heard it wasn't ICS. He said it wasn't the same and sounded sure that this was an ICS update. He is supposed to be sending me an email with more info. But I haven't received it yet. I'll post again when I get it.

But I tell you what, if he is just blowing smoke and this isn't ICS I'm getting a Nexus. I'm getting sick of Motorola's sh!t. (Locked bootloaders, waiting a f*****g year for big updates.)

I had my HTC for well over a year and loved it till the day it died. (Stupid drunk night... don't ask) Ive had this Moto for 3 months and want to throw it out the window!

Yea, 902 just out the door, it'll take at least two months for ICS to be sent out.

Stop falling for Verizons crap. They say what you want to hear. That's it.

No offense to you, but this is bogus... not a snowball's chance in hell we will see ICS anytime soon.

You know after hearing what you guys have to say about it... I'm a little skeptical myself. But it looks like dhacker got data mostly working with the 902 update. So I'm going to work on getting 902 right now. (My bionic won't update I'm still on 886) Then try that. If data works for me then I am perfectly content with using that.

You know after hearing what you guys have to say about it... I'm a little skeptical myself. But it looks like dhacker got data mostly working with the 902 update. So I'm going to work on getting 902 right now. (My bionic won't update I'm still on 886) Then try that. If data works for me then I am perfectly content with using that.
moto promised ICS at the end of the first quarter meaning the end of march but with all the updates they have been making it makes u wonder if they even have started making ICS yet for the bionic that is.

moto promised ICS at the end of the first quarter meaning the end of march but with all the updates they have been making it makes u wonder if they even have started making ICS yet for the bionic that is.

No kidding, it did seem odd that they would update to ICS so shortly after another update. Like I said, I'm sick of Moto's ****. I'm going to stick with the Nexus line from here on out. Development seems to be way stronger for those phones anyway.

I don't believe the 902 update should interfere with the timing of ICS for the bionic. Remember 902 is essentially an update to fix problems while an ICS update will be an installation of a new version of the OS.

I'd be surprised if it came out before fall. I wish they would just unlock the damn bootloader like they said they would so we can put ICS on it ourselves.

I should spend a day calling MOTO and asking them dates. Then call them liars when they tell me some bs. Same with VZW. And just repeat over and over make a pie chart of what days get promised. The key will have a LOT of colors.

Back