If you could only have/recommend 5 APPS ?

My five would be (in no particular order):

Swype
Handcent or Chomp (I really like both but am currently using Chomp)
Astro
Advanced Task Killer
GStrings (I'm a guitarist)

I have read all 25 pages and found a bunch of new and awesome apps thanks! All of my top 5 were already mentioned but one that every husband I have that I didnt hear mentioned was:
Super Call Log Faker
This App is a must for all those husbands out there whos wives swear that we didnt call them. Let me give you a transcipt of last week.
Wife: Why didnt you call me today!
Me: Hunny, I did!
Wife: No you didnt I have no misssed calls on my phone
Me: Look its right here in my call log, see for yourself...

Allow for custom call log entries, including time of call, number and date...

Figured Id pass it on for all those guys out there!

I have read all 25 pages and found a bunch of new and awesome apps thanks! All of my top 5 were already mentioned but one that every husband I have that I didnt hear mentioned was:
Super Call Log Faker
This App is a must for all those husbands out there whos wives swear that we didnt call them. Let me give you a transcipt of last week.
Wife: Why didnt you call me today!
Me: Hunny, I did!
Wife: No you didnt I have no misssed calls on my phone
Me: Look its right here in my call log, see for yourself...

Allow for custom call log entries, including time of call, number and date...

Figured Id pass it on for all those guys out there!

Nice find, will need to download this. I can see a dual use for this too, mothers.

I don't remember what my 5 were the first time I posted, but after having my Droid for almost 6 months, I'm sure they've changed.

1: Swype - Currently using the color-modded versions somebody posted .apk's for in another thread.

2: Handcent - I use this thing so much, the default messenger just doesn't seem right any more.

3: Seesmic - My Twitter app. I used to use Twidroid, but have found Seesmic to be far superior.

4: USA TV Guide - It allows you to see what's on tv up to 72 hours in advance. Program in the channels you want want to track and go. Find a show you want to watch, and it'll give you the standard TV Guide description, tell you when it originally aired (or if it's a new episode), and it gives you the option of setting a reminder.

5: Beautiful Widgets - The only app I've ever bought. It comes with a home (displays time, weather, date, and location), small home, and widgets for the quick activation / deactivation of bluetooth, gps, plane mode, silent, vibrate, wifi, and brightness controls.

Only 5, eh? Tough choices....

1: Locale. Great for making sure the ringer stays off at work, at movies, at night. Plus, lets you set it so even when the ringer is off, important calls can get through.

2: Advanced Task Cleaner Pro. Used to have Advanced Task Killer Pro, but so far liking this a lot more. Lets you have more control over both autokill and ignore lists.

3: Touiteur. Obvious reasons. Best Twitter client out there.

4: PDANet. Great tether app for unrooted phones. Handy widget, too.

5:pandora. Great service, especially if you have an existing Pandora One acct.

Super hard to choose just 5...

1. Handcent (I love bandwagons)
2. Better Cut (I hate all the stock icons)
3. Audio Manager (Donated version, very handy)
4. Root Explorer (Other than Handcent this is probably my most used app)
5. Helix (I like Helix 2 better... I just hate the 3d app drawer)

Kinda hard to choose just 5 but I guess my top 5 would be
1. Handcent. the best txt app out there.
2. Slacker radio. I have pandora also, but like the comedy choices on Slacker better
3. xScope. Super fast and customizable brower. I've tried most of the brower apps and like this one better by a large margin!
4. Apps Organizer. I love being able to create folders on my home screen instead of having a bunch of apps. I also love being able to change the icon on the folder so it looks better on my screen!
5. Ringer Mode Bar Widget. I know it is a widget not an app, but with just a quick touch I can set my ringer to vibrate or to off. I use it all the time.

In no particular order...

() xScope: Excellent browser

() Screebl: Allows me to set the timeout to 15 seconds and still not have to repeatedly hit the power button when I'm using the phone.

() Folder Organizer: A more comprehensive version of AppOrganizer. Enables me to create a single icon that includes both selected applications, contacts and bookmarks on the home screen without obscuring the wallpaper.

() Documents To Go (paid): Essential for business use.

() GDE or Helix Launcher: Still trying to decide which I like better. Each provides 7 home screens. GDE eliminates moving left and right to find a screen. Helix Launcher provides thumbnails of all screens with a double tap.

Tons of great recommendations in here. I downloaded Handcent SMS and Advanced Task Killer. Great apps! :)

THE ESSENTIALS:

• Feedr
  • Google Listen
  • Astrid
  • ShapeWriter (because my Swype beta expired...)
  • GameBoid

Ok, I'll play

Just search in the market place for descriptions.

1. Personal Assistant
2. Handcent SMS
3. Commantalb
4. Better Cut
5. Beautiful Widget

Just a few more

A. Opera Mini
B. WorldwideTime
C. Shazam
D. VideoVault
E. GPS Test

1. Swift Key - I like it better than Swype