If you could only have/recommend 5 APPS ?

Beautiful home
calwidget - thanks all for this, it's great
handcent - thanks again
the weather channel
craigsnotifier

Touchdown
astro or ol file manager
handcent sms
swiftkey beta
speed dial old school

Rooted:
1)SetCpu
2)RootExplorer/+astro(also 4 non-root)
3)wifi tether
4)titanium backup
5)drocap2

Non-Rooted:
1) weather widgets (better than BW I have both)
2)touiteur
3)quickdesk
4)tapatalk
5)droid light

Sent from my Insanely Clean Droid using Tapatalk

1 Google- Has become a very useful tool for navigation and POI searches
2 Weather Flip/Clock Donate app that mimics the HTC flip clock and weather display
3 Handcent - Many customizations for SMS, expecially the ability to send group texts
4 Remember The Milk- ToDo Organizer ($25 per year to RTM) Some use the free version of RTM and use Astrid to sync it.
5 Bible (You Version App)

The not on the phone already apps would be:
PDA net (full version)
Slingplayer
Smart keyboard pro
Handcent sms
Easy Note
Flashlight would run a close tie for 5th.

rooted:
Set Cpu -pd app
titanium -pd app
root explorer -pd app
wifi tether -Free!!
metamorph -Free!!

nonrooted:
andro-zip Free!!
chompsms pd app (gets rid of advertisements)
android IRC pd app
tapatalk pd app
audio manager pd app (they have a free one but the paid is more customizable)

This is great, I cant wait to get my DX so I can try to fill it up with these!!

AndFTP - FTP up/downloader (I'm a webmaster, works great!)
Blackmoon File Browser - Local file browser, downloading UD extreme 8.0 and will be able to install without having to hook up to my comp)
Dolphin Browser HD - Much better than the regular browser; tabs, history, bookmarks, brightness adjustment (just downloaded it, havent tried it tho). Needs new skins tho, I'd like a black or red one, only green (stock) orange and purple right now.
Flashlight - Uses the LEDs from your camera, really easy, and free.
Handscent SMS - Has been said 100+ times on here. Best SMS app!
PdaNet - Before I rooted, lets my comp have internet by hooking it up, downloading a script (I'm on a mac), and using the 3G data. Free for two weeks, then it locks out secure sites (https://). Better than my satellite internet at home!
Ringdroid - Cut up my music tracks and put them in to a ringtone, notification, alarm, etc.
Weather Bug - best weather app. keeps the current temp in the top left of notification bar; animated map, alerts, 5 day forecast, video from a local weather station.

More than 5 apps, but those I can't live without lol, and also the reason why I won't go to a phone that isn't Android powered.

just d/l handcent. looks promising.

my fav so far has been Key Ring, but haven't tested it out, yet.

calorie counter is nice since you can scan in products you've eaten if they have a barcode, as well. and it lets u track exercise

TTU= Tenn Tech University
Yes/No

1) Home Run Battle - One of the best games I've played on Mobile, it's alot of fun to play online. But it does get my phone very very hot, to the point I can't even touch it sometimes

2) Kindle - I recently just started getting into books and this is great. It has a great selection of books and I never have to worry about lighting. And my books are always in my pocket

3) MLB At Bat - I work odd hours and I'm always missing my team's games. This app is wonderful, I can listen to every game and watch highlights. Alot of people want streaming video though. That'd be nice but I prefer my team's radio commentators over the TV ones, so it's no problem for me

4) Poynt - I had this app on my BB and loved it, and finally found it on my droid and was so happy. This app is great, and alot better than Where, which is what I was using for the past few months

5) Weatherbug - "Damn this storm sucks, I wonder how long till it passes" *whips out droid* "Oh about 10 minutes". I love it.

Boy this is a tough one....so many good apps. I would have to say:

1. setcpu
2. handcent
3. rom manager
4. barcode scanner
5. es file explorer

My Top 5 + 2.....

1) AppSwipe - Basically a task manager, dialer never closes by itself so I can go in and close it easily as well as any other apps that just so happen to remain open. Also shows you recently used apps so you can run again if you want. dancedroid

2) PocketCloud - Lets you remote into your pc at home via RDP(not for your ordinary Droid user) Allows me to access my outlook from anywhere via the internet and any files as well. Oh yea, I can even check on my torrent downloads when I get Torrent-fu working or just search and download directly from my pc. dancedroid

3) App Categories - allows you to group apps and then create shortcut folders on your home screen, very easy to use and all I need to feel at home. dancedroid

4) Torrent-fu - Still have not been able to get it working with my pc yet, but when I do this app is the bomb. If you have no clue what a torrent is, don't even bother looking this up. dancedroid

5) WiFinder - Everyone should have one of these programs incase wireless service is not available or for a faster experience. When closing the program it inquires about leaving the WiFi on or turning it off, this is great if you were unable to locate any WiFi then you wont drain your battery. dancedroid

6) Carr Matey - ever have problems finding your car at an event, shopping mall, etc.. This thing is just neat, I will most likely never use it, but I know many of you could.

7) Pandora - I never tried this until I got my Droid X, wow was I missing out. I like different music then the radio plays and this wonderful app is great for finding just about anything.

I have only had my Droid X for a week, and I read the first 10 pages of this post and then skimmed through the rest.

Back