IMSCSERVER Deleted using TB and will not restore HELP

extreme_emt

Reaction score
I am able to connect Wi-Fi but no 3g or 4g. Was removing files with TB and removed by accident. It will not restore anyone got the answer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

If you made a nandroid backup then try restoring to previous backup where that file was still operative.

Flash a custom rom or stock rom?

#1 rule when rooting ...
Make a backup BEFORE doing anything ....

I would look for a rom install it... grab the file needed the restore back to where you are now, replace with the file you got from the rom.

Not familiar with the razr yet but thinking that should work.
posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

Anyone know where I can get a stock Verizon Droid razor rom

Anyone know where I can get a stock Verizon Droid razor rom

Not available yet, and anyway nobody can seem to confirm the ability to flash a new rom anyway. You'll likely have to wait till the community has had time to figure this new device out. :frown:

Flash a custom rom or stock rom?

#1 rule when rooting ...
Make a backup BEFORE doing anything ....

I would look for a rom install it... grab the file needed the restore back to where you are now, replace with the file you got from the rom.

Not familiar with the razr yet but thinking that should work.

I STRONGLY second what thaDroidz says regarding backup, and besides...there's no reason to delete, simply freeze those bloatware apps. This device has more than enough storage at this point to be concerned about the amount taken up by bloatware.

Yeah I made a big mistake I vet it. I figured with titanium backup I would be safe and Tom manger would not backup as if does not have a radar listed. I was just hoping for a little help not being bashed

No bashing intended...

Yeah well I un rooted my phone and did a full data wipe and got Verizon to replace it. Won't make that mistake again

Yeah well I un rooted my phone and did a full data wipe and got Verizon to replace it. Won't make that mistake again

Now that will probably get you bashed... lol
That's exactly why rooting voids warranty .. cause someone jumping the gun and missing a step or two screwed up their phone and expects the manufacturer to replace it...
Just sayin

Okay, so I did the same thing extreme_emt did (deleted the IMSCserver while working too fast in TB) -- But instead of returning the phone, I'm trying my best to fix. On a high level, here is everything I've tried.

- Pulled the TB backup file I had of the IMSCserver 1.0 and placed it into the /system/apps folder. The problem here was I only had the .apk, the .odex was no where to be found. therefore this didnt work
- I deodexed my Razr by flashing it with Nitro's Rom: [Rom] Deodexed Droid Razr - DroidRzr.comfter doing this, I got my 3g / 4g LTE back! All my apps were able to download content ... but then I realized that my browser (even downloaded Dolphin to see if that made a difference) doesnt connect. Any URL I put in, I automatically get sent to a "Web Page Not Available" error page. On WiFi everything works perfectly, but on 3g or 4g -- nothing.

Is there anything else I'm missing?? Since there isnt a SPF out yet for me to re-image my whole phone, this seems like the most viable option.. and considering I'm getting data when pulling from the Market, Facebook, Gmail, etc. I just wonder if there is some sort of proxy setting I can change to get my browser data.

Thanks!

Okay, so I did the same thing extreme_emt did (deleted the IMSCserver while working too fast in TB) -- But instead of returning the phone, I'm trying my best to fix. On a high level, here is everything I've tried.

- Pulled the TB backup file I had of the IMSCserver 1.0 and placed it into the /system/apps folder. The problem here was I only had the .apk, the .odex was no where to be found. therefore this didnt work
- I deodexed my Razr by flashing it with Nitro's Rom: [Rom] Deodexed Droid Razr - DroidRzr.comfter doing this, I got my 3g / 4g LTE back! All my apps were able to download content ... but then I realized that my browser (even downloaded Dolphin to see if that made a difference) doesnt connect. Any URL I put in, I automatically get sent to a "Web Page Not Available" error page. On WiFi everything works perfectly, but on 3g or 4g -- nothing.

Is there anything else I'm missing?? Since there isnt a SPF out yet for me to re-image my whole phone, this seems like the most viable option.. and considering I'm getting data when pulling from the Market, Facebook, Gmail, etc. I just wonder if there is some sort of proxy setting I can change to get my browser data.

Thanks!

I really like your efforts!!

The only suggestion I have, and it's a real long shot, is to try the Firefox Mini browser. It handles data differently, but I don't really think that will help.

One other thing I would try is to reinstall the rom with now wipes and if that doesn't help, try a full reinstall with whatever wipes the dev recommends.

Good luck.

Fraud on a small scale. You screwed up and had someone else pay the penalty. However, someone will be getting a very good CLN phone.

Back