in need of assistance

thetravis1metallic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid ultra
I have a droid ultra. I am trying to stream movies from phone to my TV. I have an app called shoebox which I am trying to use with chromecast and cannot get them to work together. I have downloaded all cast, and localcast players hoping this would help. Every time I go to play a movie I get complete action using, and my only options are video player and gallery. Can someone please help. I am so frustrated I want to snap my phone into a million pieces

Is this your first time trying to stream video from your phone to Chromecast? I'm not sure if it would work as I don't own a Chromecast, but iMediaShare is what I use from time-to-time to stream to my smart TV. Considering the Chromecast basically turns a TV into a smart TV, I would think the same can be done.

The Chromecast app recently had an update that allows one to mirror their phone to the Chromecast as well. I'm not sure if it audio is transmitted to the TV as well, but you could give that a shot. Though I think I recall it only capable of "mirroring" your phone.

Is this your first time trying to stream video from your phone to Chromecast? I'm not sure if it would work as I don't own a Chromecast, but iMediaShare is what I use from time-to-time to stream to my smart TV. Considering the Chromecast basically turns a TV into a smart TV, I would think the same can be done.

The Chromecast app recently had an update that allows one to mirror their phone to the Chromecast as well. I'm not sure if it audio is transmitted to the TV as well, but you could give that a shot. Though I think I recall it only capable of "mirroring" your phone.

I originally tried using an mhl cord only to find out it isn't mhl compatible. No matter what I have tried I cannot get shoebox to play on the TV. It plays perfectly on my phone. I have several different players on my phone but it only gives me options of my video player or my gallery and none of those can be used to cast on the chromecast

I'm not sure if it'll work, but give iMediaShare a shot. It streams to two of my SmartTVs fine.

Back