In need of some help reviving my GT-P3113 (gtab 2 7.0)

skennelly

Reaction score
Here is the situation. I was on cm10 for a long time and decided to odin back to stock. When I did this, my 16gb tab became a 4.59gb tablet. I have been searching the web every night for a solution to this problem. The only thing I could come up with was that I needed to flash a .pit file in odin. Unfortunately for me, when googling for pit files and flashing instructions, the info was sparse. I had someone offer up some info on pulling my own pit file with heimdall-frontend, which I did and was actually very simple. This person also had a similar issue, only with the 8gb tab. He actually flashed the pit file from the 8gb gt-p3110 and said he compared the pit from the p3110 and p3113 and they were similar enough that it worked.

My situation:

I flashed the pit file I pulled from my (now) 4 gb tab in combination with this file (HOME_P3113UEBLH2_999349_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5) in PDA. Tablet rebooted fine but still only had 4.59 gb internal storage. Now comes my boneheaded mistake. I now flash the 16 gb wifi only p3110 pit with the above tarball. Tablet reboots to a screen that reads:

Encryption failed

Unable to complete encryption due to interruption.
Perform factory data reset before use. After resetting, try
encrypting device again.

With a touch screen option to "reset device". When I touch that it boots to stock recovery to reset but I get this error:

wiping data...
formatting /data...
E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
Formatting /cache...
Data wipe failed.
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : XAR
Successfully applied multi-CSC.
-- Updating application...
E:failed to mount '/preload'(No such file or directory)

I am confident that I can recover this tab with the proper guidance, but I have no clue where/what to do from here. I can get into download mode, and I can boot the tab and get through the splash screen and boot animation (which then gets to the first error from above), and as long as I have the tablet plugged into a power source (turned on) and hold power + volume down, the tab turns off and will still charge. So I am not panicking, but I really do need some guidance please.

Thanks in advance.

No one has any experience with this on any samsung device?

Sent from my SCH-I535

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help. I am going to take a long weekend to process all of this helpful information and see if it can't get my tab working again.

After reviewing all the information presented to me in this thread, I have decided that I am still in need of help. Would be nice if someone had a suggestion.

With a touch screen option to "reset device". When I touch that it boots to stock recovery to reset but I get this error:

wiping data...
formatting /data...
E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
Formatting /cache...
Data wipe failed.
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : XAR
Successfully applied multi-CSC.
-- Updating application...
E:failed to mount '/preload'(No such file or directory)

Hi

Had a similar issue today, when i was testing data encryption stuff (on CM10.1). I finally (for several reasons) wanted to revert back to an unencrypted state.
I tried to factory reset device from running Jelly Bean, but the tablet rebootet and data and encryption remained untouched. Even a factory-wipe in CWM recovery was not able to format /data ( i believe it does not call mkfs, but tries to delete files within the partition).

So did it manually in the adb shell console of CWM:

Code:
mke2fs -t ext4 -O ^flex_bg,^huge_file,^uninit_bg,^dir_nlink,^extra_isize,^dir_index,^ext_attr /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
tune2fs -c -1 -i 0 -E hash_alg=tea -r0 /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
e2fsck /dev/block/mmcblk0p10

all these FS option where choosen to be as close as possible to the file-system options of the /system partition.

Back