Incredible vs Shadow

snmemx

Reaction score
Ok, I've got a question for the collective knowledge of the forum. I've been using a Moto Droid and found myself in possession of a "new every 2" upgrade today so I'm trying to decide b/t the Incredible (now...wait however long it takes to receive it) or wait for the Shadow (and be first in line at the Verizon store).

So what does everyone think? I'm a speed fan so I love the Snapdragon concept but I heard at the Verizon store that the Shadow will run at 1.2ghz.

Any input is appreciated!

I had a Droid and now have the Incredible.
I went though 6 defective Moto Droids before they finally let me swap it out for a new phone (without using my upgrade). I chose to get the Incredible instead of waiting for the Shadow and I'm happy with my choice.

From experience, Motorola makes poor quality phones. The Droid Camera is awful, and so are all Motorola Cameras. The Droid was still a great phone (when mine worked, lol) and had great call quality and stuff like that, but HTC >> Motorola. The Incredible is a quality device that works as advertised. The Camera actually works well and I have zero complaints.

That being said, you wont be disappointed in getting the Incredible, but theres also no harm in waiting and seeing if the Shadow is actually better, because it might very well be better if Motorola is able to put a good camera and keyboard in it.

Note: Another reason I went with the Incredible is because I think the thing sticking out of the shadow, to put a strap on it, would either annoy me, break off, or both (if it does in fact have it).

Well I say wait untill the shadow comes out. I havent had a problem with my droid or any ive sold to a customer. Ive hacked mine up in so many ways and never once had an issue. Some people get lemons.

Also the the snap is fast but there is alot of info out on the web thats saying its over rated and that the new shadow running at 720mhz is as fast if not faster than the snap. Point is untill its out in the wild dont burn the upgrade.

And I will be switching to the incredible because I will be getting a super good deal on it but once the shadow hits im burning my upgrade on that. I just cant replace MOTO quality with anything but a MOTO.

I personally like both the moto droid and Inc, but I have to say, if I had to pick one to keep (I have both, my job pays for one), I would keep the Inc hands down.

I have not had a chance to play with the shadow, but I don't like the look of it myself, and that is important to me. I like slim easy to hold phones.

Keep in mind that the moto droid 2 is coming out as well, and I would look at that long and hard before making a choice on the other 2. The Inc is slim, feels good in the hand, takes great pics and even better video.

Motorola has always seemed to have great ideas that another company always perfects. They always seem to find a way to throw something ugly/bothersome on the phones they produce (razor, droid, shadow).

Any way, the best advice is to research the specs and play with them in the stores, and remember, you always have 30 days!

I personally like both the moto droid and Inc, but I have to say, if I had to pick one to keep (I have both, my job pays for one), I would keep the Inc hands down.

I have not had a chance to play with the shadow, but I don't like the look of it myself, and that is important to me. I like slim easy to hold phones.

Keep in mind that the moto droid 2 is coming out as well, and I would look at that long and hard before making a choice on the other 2. The Inc is slim, feels good in the hand, takes great pics and even better video.

Motorola has always seemed to have great ideas that another company always perfects. They always seem to find a way to throw something ugly/bothersome on the phones they produce (razor, droid, shadow).

Any way, the best advice is to research the specs and play with them in the stores, and remember, you always have 30 days!-$35 restocking fee

fixed :icon_ banana:

Thanks for all the input. I haven't been able to find more than one pic (front view...blurry) of the Shadow. The rep at the Verizon store told me the Shadow was running at 1.2ghz vs 1 for the Incredible. Hearing 720mhz makes me lean towards the Incredible. Also, I'm a little concerned about the form factor on the Shadow...if it's the same size as the EVO, I think it will have crossed the threshold from "sleek" (iPhone like) to "heavy brick".

Has anyone seen a technical spec sheet on the Shadow? I've done a bunch of google searches on it but haven't found the specs (dimensions...etc).

Thanks again!!!

Dont look at the numbers, look at the phones actuall preformance.

Snapdragon is overrated.

Snapdragon is overrated.

Good point - thanks.

Does anyone know if the Shadow is going to have a slider keyboard? It doesn't look like it from the few pics I've found...hopefully not.

I think the incredible is a great phone, I talked a real good friend of mine to buy one and she loves it, I went with her to buy it and I got to mess with it for a few days, like I said great phone, but the sense ui really didn't keep my attention nor the snapdragon, I started to think how much I would miss my rooted droid if I got one, great phone but when it comes to customizing your phone (i.e. themes, speed, and flexibility) the droid is the top machine IMO!

Snapdragon is overrated.
Sorry but I have to dissagree....I overclocked a droid and my Inc kills it....Look at all the test that have been run and they are not close at all and the real difference is how smooth the Inc is compaired to the droid.....

The shadows cpu is the next gen version of the droids cpu. 720mhz will equal or surpass 1ghz on a snapdragon and should offer better battery life.

IMHO, motorola > htc.

Last edited:
The snapdragon offers great performance.

Please people if you are going to offer opinions dont let them be Biased opinions just because you own a Motorola. I'm not saying any opinions yet were biased but this is a Future reference thing.

As a former Droid owner and a current Incredible owner i have to say both Motorola and HTC make awesome devices and i think they both have their good things and bad things but right now i prefer my Incredible.

Back