Insufficient space for apps, crashing music player, etc... Wtf

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
So every now and then when I go to instal an app i'm told I don't have enough space. This just started on both stock and now on theory rom. both Android market and Amazon app store.

Also music 4.0 crashes when using it in my car dock no idea why... And is there any way to get the 2.3.4 to so adding every single sound on my phone from being in my library. Game found ringtones it gets really annoying and I can't find any solution

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

I don't know if this was touched upon yet. I couldn't find another appropriate topic. My Bionic also suffers from this. Both in stock and liberty rom. I usually have to just press install again to get it going.

I don't use the car dock, so I don't know....

I've had the same problem with apps. Especially larger ones like Webster's Dictionary. Not sure what the deal is because I know I have more than enough space.

I wonder if it's something to do with RAM. I've had the same problem, but it's rare and when it did happen it was because I was updating several apps. And starting again solved it.

Might be the apps which automatically install themselves to sdcard. These are the only one's I've noticed do this.

Same problem here, just started yesterday and I know I have plenty of space... Also apps keep uninstalling. The widget will still be there but when I tap it,it says app not installed... This app is one of them btw

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

That's a known bug. The apps which uninstalled had been moved to the sdcard/media area. Until it's patched you need to go into Manage Apps, click on the Media Area tab. Scroll down and look for any apps with a check mark, click on them and then click on the "Move to Phone" button. Check each time you update since some apps will automatically reinstall to the media area/sdcard.

Unchecked in manage apps, hopefully that'll do it, thanks! But what about saying not enough space when I have plenty? I tried reinsatll as someone mentioned and that did'nt work, very frustrating when I know I have plenty of space!

Again another bug which will hopefully be fixed in the upcoming bionic update. I've always been able to get the insufficient space apps to install after retrying once or twice. The inconsistency is a little frustrating but only seems to be the one's which automatically want to install to SD. It'll happen regularly with the same apps when they update. If you have one which just won't install at all, you might e-mail the app developer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Back