Insurance replacement.....

shanelive13

Reaction score
Screen shattered. Asurion sending replacement. Before I activate the new one, what should I do to the old one? Running the .5 leak and loving it. Between internal, external, and phone storage, I'm not sure where everything is. I intend to do a factory reset but I wanna be sure to backup and transfer everything possible...mms, sms, call log, pics, videos, music.........Is there an app that can transfer EVERYTHING? I love my rezound and I 'd like my new one to mirror my old one. Suggestions?

well, you can try titanium backup. it takes some effort to figure out how to use it. I have the paid version.

It needs root access.

Store its backup either on the sd card or box or dropbox in the cloud.

Another option is to make a nandroid backup using Ramon ra recovery. the backup is stored on the sd card. this is simpler because it contains everything.

On your new phone you will need to
o htcdev unlock the phone.
o install the same leak that is on the damaged phone
o install the same Rom - if you were using a Rom
o restore the nandroid backup.

Ramon ra backup can't backup and restore your radio firmware, nor the kernel. well it can do the kernel if you have s-off. that is why you need to install the leak and whatever Rom you are using.

So you get the new phone setup with the leak and Rom, and then restore the nandroid backup.

None of this backs up the internal sd. Copy that to your pc or to the cloud to get it to your new phone.

For the removable micro sdcard, you can easily swap them between the phones.

Last edited:
Well, I received my first replacement phone (refurb) on Wednesday. It wouldn't read or even recognize any sd card nor would the buttons light up. So they sent me another replacement (refurb)that I received on Thursday. This one runs so hot that its damaged my extended battery, not to mention its the slowest rezound I've ever held. So I'm to receive my 3rd replacement tomorrow. I've requested a new rather than refurb every time I've called Asurion and been told they couldn't guarantee a new one (until today when they assured me this one would be new). Now, I have to purchase another extended battery, send them the receipt and they will reimburse up to $40.00..(hope they are still on sale)...I can't wait for their customer service dept to call me........

shanelive13 said:
Well, I received my first replacement phone (refurb) on Wednesday. It wouldn't read or even recognize any sd card nor would the buttons light up. So they sent me another replacement (refurb)that I received on Thursday. This one runs so hot that its damaged my extended battery, not to mention its the slowest rezound I've ever held. So I'm to receive my 3rd replacement tomorrow. I've requested a new rather than refurb every time I've called Asurion and been told they couldn't guarantee a new one (until today when they assured me this one would be new). Now, I have to purchase another extended battery, send them the receipt and they will reimburse up to $40.00..(hope they are still on sale)...I can't wait for their customer service dept to call me........

On Verizon's website,they r still half off.

How did you shatter the screen?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

How did you shatter the screen?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

I was umpiring a baseball game with it face to leg in my pocket (dumb I know). It absorbed a fastball to the back (extended battery) and shattered the front. On a positive note, it worked as well as a cup. I barely felt it. The ball did deflect from the phone to said cup and I was relieved at the lack of physical pain. But I think in hind site, I'd rather have had the physical pain:)

Back