Is Droid Turbo getting Lollipop?

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Is the Droid Turbo getting Lollipop? My girlfriend has an S5 and she got the update already.

Better to wait a little longer for the Bugs to come out. Last thing you want is something causing you Turbo to not Perform as we all hope it will.

It was released for the Moto Maxx, which is the same hardware, yesterday. You should assume the Verizon variant is not far behind.

It was released for the Moto Maxx, which is the same hardware, yesterday. You should assume the Verizon variant is not far behind.

Same hardware? Not exactly. There are significant differences between the Americas CDMA Droid Turbo and the International GSM Moto Maxx. Yes, they are the same basic design and platform but neither will work in the other's arena (carriers). Verizon is exclusive to the Droid Turbo, and with Verizon EVERYTHING comes later rather than sooner. They have to wave their magic wand over it, make sure it's locked down tight, put their bloat in place and make sure that their network can't be abused such as to gain access to wireless tether without paying an additional monthly fee.

Once Verizon has given their seal of approval to a ROM it then released and not a moment before. ROMs for the Moto Maxx WILL NOT WORK on a Droid Turbo and vice versa.

The radios are different (CDMA versus GSM), but the rest is identical, to my knowledge. Our Turbo will require VOLTE changes and bloatware changes. However, it's a good sign that we are getting closer.

There is a soak test for the turbo.. It was put on hold for some reason. We don't yet know if it's just a volte update or if it's 5.0..

There is a soak test for the turbo.. It was put on hold for some reason. We don't yet know if it's just a volte update or if it's 5.0..
On HOLD ! what! Hold you won't, Soak you will !

Righttttttttttttt Didn't we go through this 3 weeks ago . And then nothing . Show a link friend .

Righttttttttttttt Didn't we go through this 3 weeks ago . And then nothing . Show a link friend .

I believe the one from 3 weeks ago is exactly the one 94lt1 is referring to. Hence the "was" in his comment. It's been announced, so it exists. There's just a delay in releasing it for some reasons.

Similar things have happened with Motorola soak tests in the past. I remember one they announced for the original Droid MAXX, but then it was no where to be seen for about a month or so due to some bugs they found at the last minute.

Riiiiiiiiight... It's the same one...exactly as @bsweetness said.. These things happen.. I also remember the soak for the maxx... It was on hold so long that it was suspected to have been given up on.. Then poof... It happened..

What is known about the turbo soak is that people in the soak grew impatient and wondered what was happening.. And I'm told that an announcement was made.... They had issues and the soak would happen.. But they just weren't ready yet.

That's the thing about soaks..I've seen soaks that happened, but vzw announced the software before it was even approved or tested... I've seen soaks like the one for the maxx.. That seemed they would never happen..

You can bet that if moto sent out invites.. And then put it on hold.. They found something very wrong.. Or vzw wants more bloat garbage in the update..

Also.. As a moto owner.. If you're interested in soaks.. Go join the moto owners forum.. Then register your device and opt in for soak tests... They take pretty much anyone that willing to participate..

Last edited:
Back