Issues with Google Play and Updating/Installing Apps

jkinsey435

Reaction score
So I got my S4 on Thursday. Since then, I have not been able to figure out how to get all my apps that I had installed on my Droid X to my S4. Every time I click on the Google Play icon on the phone it just circles and never connects. I am connected via my WiFi but I'm also on Verizon's 4G network. WTH? How the heck do I get my apps!? Even when I "google" "how do I install apps on my Galaxy S4" I don't get anything helpful or concrete. When I go to the Google Play store on my computer, it says the apps are installed but I don't see any of the apps on my phone. I am so confused and am doubting my decision to get this phone.

They ARE installed, just not on the S4. Click the installed icon and see if the S4 is an option. If not, remove the Google account, restart and add it back.

It says Facebook is compatible with my device. I don't get why Google Play will not open on my phone. Very frustrating.

All the icons I've clicked on so far say they are compatible with my S4.

Apparently, I wasn't logged in to my Google account on the phone. I logged in online, clicked on the Google Play icon on my phone and now am installing apps. Very strange.

When I got my sg4 I logged in to google,went to google play through my phone hit menu button it showed all my apps that I had downloaded to my razar and automatically started downloading to my sg4. I am not sure why your having such an issue.

I thought I was signed in. But apparently, I was not. That's why I was having such problems. All good now. :) Installing apps as we speak.

When I got my S4 I was moving to the 2GB plan. The salesman put my phone on the store Wifi so I didn't use up a big chunk of my monthly 2GB downloading my 100+ apps. If you can't use the store Wifi, I suggest waiting till you get on your home Wifi before logging it on to your Google account if you have lots of apps.

Back