just got my TB, there's a catch behind the 4G data plan! (speedtest pics included!)

itzjonjon69

Reaction score
just got my TB, (speedtest pics included!)

Here are the initial speedtest benchmark when i got out of the store:

IMG_20110317_091103.jpg

and now at home:

IMG_20110317_092557.jpg

Last edited:
$50 for unlimited data without contract! Ouch!

Sent from my D1! But would rather send from a Xoom using Tapatalk!!!

Im getting insane 20-30K+ UL speeds, and anywhere from 4-16K DL speeds.

FWIW (and perhaps why you heard there's a problem with the app) the tags are switched. Upload should be download, download should be upload. You should expect download to be faster than upload.

when i ordered mine online this morning my data was the same as before and i bought it outright. the only that changed was my INS which dropped to 5.18

That's apparently a whole lot better than my area:

[video=youtube;-sAgzEmRvjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sAgzEmRvjc[/video]

***UPDATE***

so guys i found out that the guy at the verizon store was bs'ing me the whole time and there's no such thing as a $50.00 plan i called Verizon directly and the guy said there's no such thing and put me back on my $30.00 a month plan!

***UPDATE***

so guys i found out that the guy at the verizon store was bs'ing me the whole time and there's no such thing as a $50.00 plan i called Verizon directly and the guy said there's no such thing and put me back on my $30.00 a month plan!

yeah i was getting ready to say lol, why would they charge more for people who buy it out right and it would be the 1st ive heard of a $50 data plan. but im glad you got that fixed, lovin my $23 unlimited data whoot. now i just need the phone to get here faster.

That is rediculous speeds. Dope lookin phone too. Its 4inch right?

Sent from my Ultimate 2.3.3 GB Droid Incredible

i called the manager and went off on him telling that the sales rep told me that i could only get the $30.00 data plan if i opened a 2 year plan (he was upset when i told him i was buying it outright) so he could rip me off and make his commission some other way.
I believe the $50 plan is for people that want Data only, no voice.

Back