Kernel with stock rom

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
Can I use fabulous kernel with stock ROM and is there download for there stock kernel to replace if necessary

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Pretty sure it's a 4.0.3 kernel only. Don't have a link to the stock kernel, but as long as you do a nandroid before flashing the new kernel you can always restore back to it.
This is the only 4.0.2 kernel that I have seen, probably there are others, just haven't looked hard enough. OhHeyItsLou Tutorials Use v2.

I guess. LOL do you know any of his work. I just wanted fabulous because he has been doing this for awhile

Sent From My Sexy Nexy

I haven't used his kernels before, but heard he did great kernel work on the Incredible.

any luck? looking for a 4.0.2 kernel myself. i'm running a 4.0.2 deodexed version of the stock ROM.

Heyitslou has GREAT kernels, which are found on RootzWiki. His V2 kernel is for 4.0.2 roms. Im using his kernel with Peter Alfonso's stock rooted ICL53F. His V3 kernel is his most recent kernel designed for 4.0.3 so if your on 4.0.2 use Lou's V2 kernel, which is posted at his blog. Below is the link to his kernel thread on RootzWiki but make sure you go to his blog for the V2 kernel (for 4.0.2). Make sure to check out his videos too.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back