Keyboard Help URGENT!!!

E_Bagnell

Reaction score
My keyboard on my HTC Droid Incredible lets me type 1 character, then freezes my screen. After about 2 minuets of waiting the phone goes back to the home screen and lets me move across the tabs but my frozen keyboard is still in the way and will not go away. I tried to re calibrate the keyboard but the same issue occurs. Once the keyboard goes up and I type 1 letter, the screen freezes and will not let me type anything else which in return i have to take the battery out to reset the phone. anyone know how to fix this or what this even means?

My keyboard on my HTC Droid Incredible lets me type 1 character, then freezes my screen. After about 2 minuets of waiting the phone goes back to the home screen and lets me move across the tabs but my frozen keyboard is still in the way and will not go away. I tried to re calibrate the keyboard but the same issue occurs. Once the keyboard goes up and I type 1 letter, the screen freezes and will not let me type anything else which in return i have to take the battery out to reset the phone. anyone know how to fix this or what this even means?

I have the same issue, it started when I tried to remove some misspelled words from the user dictionary. The dictionary seems to be broken, there are no words in there and I can't add any words: all I see is 10-15 "empty" boxes.

I disabled the autocorrection and suggestion of new words from the input settings, but I'm still looking for a way to repair my damaged user dictionary - doing it this way means I don't get any help at all while typing on the tiny keyboard... :(

Fixed it!

Settings/Applications/Manage applications
Select All applications tab
Locate and select Touch Input HTC Corporation

Tap Clear Data (my data was 76k even though the dictionary was seemingly empty).

This fixed the issue on my HTC Desire.

Back