Keyboard issues with Gingerbread 4.5.573, can't flash .sbf file in RSD Lite

Headake

Reaction score
Whew.... what a title.....

Ok. I've got a rooted Droid X. Went from latest Froyo update (OTA) to GummyJar (without creating a nandroid backup of original Froyo). Gummy worked fine, then updated to Gingerbread leak 4.5.573. Worked great for about a week, then the keyboard issue came out of nowhere.

Problems in Text Messaging, Email, Facebook, etc. Basically, when the keyboard pops up, I press letters. Sometimes they work, sometimes the keyboard locks and disappears leaving only the text box. I have to click back on the text box to get the keyboard to come back up, then try to hit letters again, etc. Vicious circle..... basically it takes me forever to send emails or text messages (sometimes I just give up).

I would like to go back to Froyo, but I can't seem to be able to flash the .sbf file (the one for the 30.04 bootloader). RSD Lite recognizes my phone, file name comes up in file description, but won't flash.

I've read where RSD Lite is unresponsive on Windows 7x64. Something about it having a bug in it that causes the flash process to fail..

I found this: RSDLite on Windows 7x64 Problems and Solutions - Android Forums and wonder if I try that (i've been at this now for 2+ hours), it will work.

I was tempted by the looks of a faster system (Gingerbread) and my benchmark scores proved it for awhile (1,700's with no over-clocking), but now everything works on the phone but the keyboard.... grrrr.....

I am sure the fix for this is somewhere here, but I have been searching for 3+ hours or so while trying to flash my phone.

Any help (even if it's a point in the right direction via a link) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Put the sbf file in the rsd lite folder.

Did that just now. Worked, but then went into the dreaded bootloop.... (how MANY heart attacks does this process WANT to give me?).

Searching forums, I found battery pull - didn't work.

Searching more, I found getting into recovery mode and wipe data/cache. Did that the multiple times thread suggested......

aaaaaaaaand.......

BINGO!!! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Thanks to everyone who helped by merely posting what they experienced. Your help is greatly admired and appreciated.

Going through this helped me understand my phone even more than before, so there's the positive (in addition to getting rid of that nasty Gingerbread problem).

:)

Back