Last Post Wins.....Ver 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do they call it there? Dinner?

Sent from my Note 4
Yep. Like I mentioned, back home in PA everyone says Supper. But here in TN (and the other southern States I have lived in) its Dinner. As long as its good food & family and friends are there...I don't care what its called.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yep. Like I mentioned, back home in PA everyone says Supper. But here in TN (and the other southern States I have lived in) its Dinner. As long as its good food & family and friends are there...I don't care what its called.

What about pop, soda, coke?

Sent from my Note 4

What about pop, soda, coke?

Sent from my Note 4
Funny you ask that. Back home everything is pop. Here its usually soda...but I have head people say coke when they want any kind of soda. Its funny how some places call every brand of soda "coke"

Funny you ask that. Back home everything is pop. Here its usually soda...but I have head people say coke when they want any kind of soda. Its funny how some places call every brand of soda "coke"

Agreed!

Sent from my Note 4

Dialect Survey Results

Dinner is used by us instead of lunch.
At work, they call lunch dinner, but that's the big meal of the day at the nursing home. Supper is still the evening meal.

I think I use supper & dinner a bit interchangeably myself, but I definitely use supper more. And the afternoon meal is always lunch. We have a closed circuit chanel that we use to announce activities & give the menus for the day. I'm responsible for maintaining it & the noon meal says lunch.

Sent from my Note 4

It is surely interchangeable. At my son's high-school they call it dinner as well, but have a lunch bell? Lol

We still do the same thing at home. Dinner is the biggest meal of the day for us while supper is something light. Small breakfast, big dinner, small supper.

The only deviation to that is when we have company which makes supper being the largest meal of the day.

I am so proud to say I live in Virginia Beach right now....I follow an "online garage sale" page here on facebook and a man posted earlier that he had a Thanksgiving meal free for a family in need.....that simple generosity has spread like wild fire and I have counted close to if not more than 100 families that have been blessed with a Thanksgiving meal. This is amazing and has restored some of my hope for this world!......Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

sent from my sexy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417053930681.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417053930681.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 129
It has been amazing to follow

sent from my sexy Note 4

I am so proud to say I live in Virginia Beach right now....I follow an "online garage sale" page here on facebook and a man posted earlier that he had a Thanksgiving meal free for a family in need.....that simple generosity has spread like wild fire and I have counted close to if not more than 100 families that have been blessed with a Thanksgiving meal. This is amazing and has restored some of my hope for this world!......Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

sent from my sexy Note 4
Awesome! Its always nice to hear about the good people in this world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back