latest 4.0.4 radios

SwagTech

Reaction score
I flashed the latest 4.0.4 radios. Coming from 4.0.2 I don't see a difference. Although it hasn't been that long, what should I expect? Better battery life? Stronger 4g signal maybe?
I'm running AOPK and Franco nightly kernal ,and using Nova launcher.

possibly faster/better switching betwen 3g/4g/wifi...

I'm getting better signal wherever I go. One of my classes is in underground and I only had a 3g signal or none at all in there, I get 4g there now.:hail:

I had one hiccup this morning that bothered me. I toggled to "3g only" when I got to my office, and it took a heck of a long time to get any sort of a connection back, with or without intervention on my part. Other than that, it does seem better over all, but it's very early!

One thing I've noticed more than anything else is the Android OS taking up very little of the battery %'s now.

alboboy10 said:
So then battery has improved?

With this referring to the thread... Yes... Based on the radio being stronger and having a more solid connection so it doesn't have to keep trying to find signal

"I'll get you my little pretty and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

Plus Android os is low and that's not the case with 4.0.2.

Ota

When will I get the OTA update? I'm still on 4.02 and i was hoping to get it over the air rather than having to do the manual upload. Any idea when it will hit my device, has anyone else got it OTA or has everyone just done manual?

It'll probably go OTA in the next few days, maybe the following week. Quite a few people are getting the soak.

So then battery has improved?

Battery while using isn't much better, but man it "idles" great now. As long as the signal is halfway decent, my battery hardly drains when it's sitting next to me, which is a nice change.

jntdroid said:
Battery while using isn't much better, but man it "idles" great now. As long as the signal is halfway decent, my battery hardly drains when it's sitting next to me, which is a nice change.

I just want this thing to last a day. It's not doing it now

I just want this thing to last a day. It's not doing it now

depends on your usage obviously... not many LTE devices (short of the Maxx) can last a full day if you're on 4G and using it a lot...

seems to hold 4g much better for me too. as for battery i have no idea. i kill batterys like crazy from always being on it lol

jntdroid said:
depends on your usage obviously... not many LTE devices (short of the Maxx) can last a full day if you're on 4G and using it a lot...

Regular use leaving it in 3g. I'm basically using it for texting and extremely minimal browsing

by "day", do you mean a full 24 hours, or something like 7 am to 10 pm? and do you have the extended or not?

Back